1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Detention!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, May 13, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

So my Mum kept all the stuff from my school days, and since I didn't like my school I was constantly in detention for stuff like: not doing homework, back-talking the teacher etc. I once got a Saturday detention for hurting this guy who tried to headlock me from behind (because he was a homophobic doche) I donkey kicked him and he them bit his own lip ran to the teacher and I got one months worth of coming in on a saturday and writing lines for it

2. itsonlyrelative

So did your mom keep the old detention slips?

I have never actually gotten detention.

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had one detention in high school. I was late to my class too many times.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had one in middle school for giving some asshole the finger. Got suspended for two days in 5th grade when I called the teacher a bitch. She was a total bitch!

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We didn't do detention in primary school, but in high school, we had school planners, and we would get written comments in them if we misbehaved, forgot homework, were late for class and so on - I think 5 written comments resulted in detention, and as a result, I got detention pretty often, because I was late constantly, hardly ever bothered with homework, and in my first two years generally acted like a bit of a dick.

I didn't bother going to detention a lot of the time though.. which would result in isolation (basically cubicles where you do work alone). Didn't bother me.

#5 imnotreallysure, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  6. Beware Of You

In England we didnt get slips, they write a letter home to your parents saying that I was in detention for xxxxxxxx on xxxxxxx

7. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

I've never even been sent out of class or anything. I'm completely clean and pure in the eys of my school record which is pretty annoying as I spent the whole of my last year of obligatory education trying to get sent out of class or to get detention just for the thrill of it, I tried all sorts (Mainly being very sarcastic to teachers) yet they all refused to grant me my wish.

8. Yosia

Most of my detentions were for forgetting equipment or homework, but once i was in a really bad mood and the person behind me was REALLY annoying me so i stood up and poured my water over him~ i got an afterschool detention for that XD

9. Trentacles

LOL i got in trouble last year for accidentally breaking this extremely ancient projector. It was like this thing that shined light from the bottom and had a lens to show whatever was on the surface on the wall. i didn't technically break it but my mate knocked it off the table behind him after i hit him in the face with an elastic band. the glass on it broke into like a million pieces. anyway since i caused him to break it i got in trouble.

10. LiquidSwords

We got detention slips at my school, trick was just to forge your parents signature so they didn't have to see, or just pretend to lose the slip as long as you turned up for it teachers didn't care much.

Used to know what day each department had their detentions on and what each one involved, they weren't so bad though you always got an interesting crowd.

11. Camerooon

I've had detentions for just not doing homework. Nothing bad really. :3

12. LiquidSwords

Lol cheeky, that's what we made do with before smartboards.

13. Trentacles

Well whatever the case they didn't appreciate me making them update their technology. it seriously looked like it was from 1960 or something.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We use those all the time at my school, because the maths teachers can write their stuff in removable marker so that they can have several formulae prepared before class. They have benefits which smartboards don't have (of course, we have modern equipment, too)

--

Anyway, on topic, I've never received a detention unless it was the whole class being held in during lunch because we didn't do enough work.

15. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This talk about "ancient projectors" is making me feel old. That was the high tech solution available in my high school. The alternative was a chalk board.

My high school chemistry teacher had some things that were prepared like that, and even (I think) saved year to year.

---------- Post added 13th May 2014 at 01:52 PM ----------

They did have a computer solution for the projectors when I was in high school. It was a screen that was about the dimensions of a piece of paper, and would be put on the projector. Then it was connected to a computer (probably an Apple IIe). There was only one of these in the school; I think it was bought for an AP (Advanced Placement) math class.

16. stormborn

the only time i've gotten detention was when over half of my class was sent to the school office because we were all late (our gym teacher held us after the bell -- all the kids who made it on time were the ones who didn't change after gym class. eww.) we all went to the principal's office, and she didn't believe that our teacher had sent us all there. she called our teacher and said something along the lines of "seriously? we need to talk later." then she turned back to us and said "your teacher is giving you all a detention. now go back to class." :lol:

17. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As for the topic at hand, I never got any sort of detention past early elementary school. And that detention was school day, lose a recess type. Past that, I was a little angel. It wasn't until I was an adult that I became the person I am now. :badgrin:

18. i only had one ever, for my mum not signing my school book which we had to get signed every week in high school.... not sure why.

i got one, went to it but teacher wasnt there the minute i walked in where it was meant to be, so walked out. never got another one haha and never got told off for not being at that one haha.

19. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At my school detention was at lunch time (don't know why). For the longest time I was in detention so often that on the rare days I didn't have it the teacher who was over detention would ask why I didn't show up. Then after you collected a certain number of detentions you received In School Suspension 'ISS'. ISS was like my second home from 7th through 10th grade. I'd be in ISS for 3 days then would return to class. By the second or third day i had racked up enough detentions to put me back in ISS. It's not my fault they kept hiring crazy old ladies to teach English class. Me telling them they were crazy old ladies (put nicely).... Yea, that might have been my fault. The truth is that I didn't mind ISS I sat in a room by myself and they went and got all my homework assignments from my teachers at the start of the day. By second period I have all my homework done and would sleep or draw the rest of the day. Maybe if the teachers had actually given me work that challenged me I would have paid attention and not acted up because I was bored?...No there woulda been the crazy lady teaching English.

20. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They text our parents at my school... Oh, the wonders of modern technology, but someone got a detention from a teacher that really hated them which literally said "Being Gay in Class" in the reasons box:confused:- Mine are almost all no homework... I got one once for "doing Jack Sh*t" In English though. :laugh: