1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there way to find your inner 'Tyler Durden'?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pane123, May 13, 2014.

1. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you've seen fight club, you'll know who I'm talking about. Tyler is the alter ego of the main character, in the form of everything he wants to be, but isn't, ie good looking, confident, etc.

Is there a way you can find your own 'ideal' alter ego?

Because I'm in a rut in life, I'm full of self doubt, I'm friendless and I'm not doing shit with my life at the moment, so finding a better version of myself, would obviously change all that, so is there a way to find my own 'tyler durden' somehow?

2. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

Sadly don't have an answer for you as I myself am still trying to find my own Tyler Durden.

Good Luck

3. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You just spoiled one of the greatest movies ever for everyone that hasn't watched it yet, good job! :lol:

Actually check out what happens to him when he finds his Tyler Durden. Schizophrenia. He goes crazy, beating himself up, pouring acid on his own hand, committing crimes, etc.
    Watching the story through his own eyes, we see he's improved, and he's free and happy, but watching the story through the eyes of a common average person, we see a schizophrenic man who went crazy after his flat burned down and started leaving in an old dirty house, hearing voices.

Don't take the Tyler Durden road, I had imaginary friends who were good-looking and confident when I was younger and I looked up to them and in the end it made me sadder because I set a standard that was too high to reach and I think it's kinda unhealthy to do this.

I think your 'Tyler Durden' is who you want to be; You're lost in life, you don't know where you are and where you're going, and you think that by finding some ideal version of yourself to look up to is a way of setting goals and finding out where you're going.
    Just know you're not alone, there's so many people who are equally lost, and it takes time but things usually figure themselves out. :slight_smile: