1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm being stalked by a CRAZY mother!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by amoore658, May 13, 2014.

1. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To cut a long story short, I went out with this girl in 2007 when I was only 14. I dumped her via text, and her mother rang my house to complain to my mum!!! As a result, I made fun of her, and was accused of bullying her. She left the school over it in 2008. Her mother even called out at my house! And then phoned me (I recorded the convo) and played it round the school.

For the next few years, her mother would throw dirty looks at me every time she saw me. Sometimes even verbal abuse. She even got the Police to tell me to stay away from her daughter when I was 15!!

Then, she seemed to move on and not do anything when she saw me around 2011.

But now, it appears she has gotten back on her "bandwagon". I work in a convenience store and have done for over 1 year. I have never seen her mother in, until recently when she came in and saw me. Now she is coming into the shop EVERY day WITHOUT FAIL, sometimes throwing dirty looks over something that happened SIX YEARS ago. I throw dirty looks back.

I feel I'm being stalked. What do you guys make of her behaviour/think I should do?

Sorry this was so long:lol::bang:

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When you say the shop can you explain something is it your shop or do you work there?

3. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't give her dirty looks back your just letting her know she's getting to you. best to just ignore her. I'm not sure what else to say but she sure can hold a grudge and you didn't help by making fun of her daughter but what's done is done so probably best thing to do is ignore her and hopefully she will stop.

4. Kesha

Kesha Guest

Wow you got quite a lunatic on your hands there I feel bad for any of her ex boyfriends.
    On a serious note get a restraining order, or talk to her calmly because if she put all this time into stalking you she probably would spend even more time planning your death. Just do whatever you can to get that restraining order or anything else good luck you'll need it!

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, apologise for what you did; what you did was horrible, if not really that important, and a sincere apology stop her harassing you. If that doesn't work, speak to the police about it.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are just crazy and don't let go of things. Sounds like this woman is one of them.

I see three options:

1. Kill her with kindness. It sounds like what you did was sort of shitty, but something that a lot of kids do at that age. So you might take the approach of saying "Hey, I know you've held onto this for a long time, and it must have been really hurtful to your daughter. I'm really sorry for what happened. Will you accept my apology?" And then, regardless of her response, just be kind and friendly and cheerful and thoughtful every time she comes in. It's hard to stay angry at someone if they're offering genuine kindness every time you see them. If you were comfortable admitting you're gay, that might provider further explanation and comfort... but of course, that will go right back to your family so you only do that if you're ready to be fully out.

Option 2 is to politely ignore her and not let her dirty looks have any effect on you. Problem with this is, she isn't likely to give up if she hasn't let go in 6 years.

Option 3 is to be more aggressive, if you really feel that it's intrusive and threatening, and make it clear that you'll file a police report and take action for a restraining order. Honestly I'd consider this one only if options 1 and 2 completely fail. But I suspect that, over time, option 1 will work.

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Easiest way is to pretend you have NO IDEA who she is. Seriously, treat her like you would every other random stranger.

8. newfish

I second this. Be kind or completely passive rather than making her feel like she has a right to be angry with you - which of course she doesn't, but she can justify herself with bbut he glared at me! It doesn't sound like she's actually dangerous, but it's not okay to come into your workplace and give you dirty looks, so if she doesn't stop, you have to draw the line somewhere.

9. Trentacles

LOL I laughed before I got to the "with kindness" part

10. newfish

Hehe I had the same thought. I basically thought "stalker... kill... WHAT?"

11. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't get why she's gotten back on her bandwagon though.

When she's in the shop, her codename is: "Mrs Pain-in-the-neck West" (West isn't her surname however.)

It's quite funny when a colleague goes on the tannoy: "(My name) Mrs Pain in the neck West is in the store" lol

12. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hahaha! Its cool that you have great coworkers :slight_smile:
    If it gets too much, get a restraining order :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Have you considered the possibilty that perhaps she likes you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Jk

13. Perseus

A mum, who doesn't have anything better to do... I thought mums were meant to be good role models and take care of their own kids.

14. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell her politely to piss off and leave you alone.