1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admiration and attraction

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 15, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    A lot of people dismiss same sex attraction by saying it's just admiration. That may be true, but I've also noticed it with straight people. My step sister said that she's attracted to tall guys because she wants to be tall. That made me feel way better about my attractions that were also admiration.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is an element of admiration in ANY attraction. Think about it. All admiration is, is an appreciation of some combination of features/traits a person possess causing you to hold them in higher regard than anyone else. But if you'll excuse the expression, I admire all sorts of people, but I don't want them to come over and fuck my brains out!

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those people are shooting in the dark and missing. :/ But I can say with certainty that there is occasionally the sort of admiration described when I'm attracted to somebody. Sometimes, but not always.

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first guy I noticed was due to admiration you could say. Attraction and admiration go hand in hand. But admiring someone's appearance doesn't mean you are attracted to their personality obviously. That same guy I was attracted to wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch and wasn't worth pursuing in the end anyways.