1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm the only Pro-gun person here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edgy, May 15, 2014.

1. edgy

edgy Guest

I feel like I'm the only Pro-gun person here...

Is that true?

2. BelleFromHell

I don't think so...
    I don't consider myself "pro-gun", but I believe law-abiding adults should be able to carry concealed guns for self-defense.

3. confuseduser99

Not true! I'm totally pro-gun! I wanna get my lifetime membership to the NRA sometime soon!

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are plenty here who are very pro-gun. Conversations on the topic often end up with a thread locked.

I am not one of the pro-gun members, as is probably well-known here by this point.

5. itsonlyrelative

No sir you are not the only one. I was raised in an NRA membership carrying household and I support protecting our second amendment rights to an extent...I'm not 100% "don't you dare touch my guns" though.

6. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are not. I was raised in a family of hunters, and have known how to shoot since I was 6 years old.

7. KrnlKrazy

KrnlKrazy Guest

A pro gun brony... I feel there is joke to be had but I am not the one to do it.

8. Jwis

Nope, I have my CC permit. I rarely use it, but I have one.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not even a little pro-violence (don't care for anyone to get shot :S), but I am staunchly pro-gun. The presence of both of these opinions is what I feel more stabilizes civilization the farther it is spread.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fine with guns themselves, I just have a problem with American rabid gun owners. While the majority own them in the United States for legitimate purposes like hunting, target shooting, and self-defense, there's far too many who own guns so they can shoot the first federal agent who sets foot on their property because the UN and NATO are sending black helicopters to enforce the New World Order...

The problem is the culture in the United States. There are so many people, mainly the ones who went sprinting to the gun shop to buy an AR-15 because 20 first graders are slaughtered in an elementary school and gun control is being talked about, who think that mass murder and school shootings are a necessary evil in order for them to be able to own their unrestricted assault weapons. That's the problem I have with it.

11. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope, I'm pro-gun.

But I am also pro-commonsense and believe that there should be background checks on all gun sales.

12. edgy

edgy Guest

lol. you'd be suprised

13. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe people have the right to own some firearms. The thing is, I don't believe that gun ownership should be unlimited, like a lot of pro gun people. I grew up in a rural community, so I'm absolutely fine with people owning pistols, shotguns, and hunting rifles. I am not okay with civilians being able to own assault weapons.

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. I am. Quite strongly so. I'd like to try an AR-type rifle sometime.

I'm just beginning the research for a handgun for personal defense and sport shooting.

A whole lot of people here are against guns, but to be perfectly honest, and no disrespect to them, as many of them are good friends of mine; I think most people who are against guns are against them because they don't like the kind of people who like guns.

And I don't blame them. Many of them are right-wing conspiratoid white men who are racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic assholes who hate social safety net programs for the poor. At least, that's the "model" gun person that the anti-gun liberal is thinking of.

Sure, some are "don't treat on me" people who think that the Confederate flag is "just a symbol of our southern heritage."

But some gun people like me, are feminists.

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dad was a member of the NRA and has a few rifles still. I am thinking about getting my CCW for protection. Pro-responsible gun ownership is the key, educate people. I am pretty much a Gary Johnson libertarian.

16. KazTastic

I am pro-gun to a point - there needs to be strong regulations to make sure only responsible, stable people can carry them, and only in certain places.

I think left leaning, feminist gun owners are far more common than most people think.

17. Beetle

I'm pro-gun, but I do think there should be stronger regulations on them, and rabid gun owners annoy me...the kind of people that have to have a bunch of them to brag about and feel tough to make up for how not tough they actually are. I'm perfectly fine with responsible gun owners, and do plan to have one eventually myself.

I also think families who own guns need to keep them secure and locked away because there are too many kids getting a hold of them.

I'm not ok with assault weapons though and see no reason for civilians to own a gun like that.

#17 Beetle, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  18. awesomeness

Well, where I live it's extremely hard for a regular person to legally get a gun. And I have no memory of ever hearing of a school shooting happening here.

So it seems to me that the U.S would benefit from stricter gun laws.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Small point of fact for my friend AwesomGaytheist. An AR-15 is not an assault rifle. It fires only one cartidge when the trigger is pulled. The M4A1 carbine, which looks like an AR-15, is an assault rifle. The notion of an
    "assault "weapon" is a dubious category made up by the anti-gun lobby.

#19 Pret Allez, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  20. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe that every person has the innate right of self-defense; a gun is a tool of last resort to exercise that right; that right was recognized by the founders in the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution. I abhor that some mentally sick people use guns to go out and kill defenseless kids and school teachers and random people in theaters. I also recognize that they could have done the same thing with knives or cars or bombs or any other device or method whose misuse can cause great harm. Often another person with a gun must use their own gun to stop the evil person from further killing; we usually call these people "cops".

I don't think of myself as "Pro-gun" for recognizing the right to defend myself, just as a practical user of the right tool if it ever becomes necessary. I am definitely "pro-Constitution" in terms of defending the basic right as written.