1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is being too picky a bad thing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, May 15, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

I've always known that I was a picky person. I just joined an online dating/mobile dating site and I'm going through profiles! and I'm REALLY selective (especially on the physical department). I know that if I find someone who's average looking, but we get along really well, I'd be more than happy with them. But it seems as if I'm only looking for hot guys on this site. Am I just being really picky, or is this just the nature of online dating sites/apps?

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends why you're being picky, and what you're being picky about. If you want sex, then obviously just go for the bodies you like, but if you're after more, don't judge the body until you've judged them as a person (as far as possible)

3. confuseduser99

Well, I'm looking for more than just a sexual experience, but it's super hard to not judge people's looks. I just scroll through and notice the attractive people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya Aussie's has good advice :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just keep in mind that those people are being just as picky about you.

6. confuseduser99

That's true. I wonder how people judge me... :lol:

7. Riddick

Riddick Guest

"You might be searching for someone perfect who will make you 'just' happy. While there might be someone 'imperfect' that will make you 'perfectly' happy."
    Read that somewhere. I'm a picky person too. Hey, you can't help who you find attractive/hot or force yourself to be attracted to someone you don't find hot.
    I think when you're a picky person, you're a person who does not like settling for less. A perfectionist of some sort.
    I'm also quite stubborn and sometimes choose to be proud of my pickyness but, at the same time (surrounded by humble friends) I'm reminded that no one is perfect.
    Its a lonely thing to be picky... Someone once said to me, "if you want to find love like mine, stop looking for it and it will find you." But hey, I'm stubborn sooo...

8. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Being picky is a good thing:

When you comform with whom for you is a 7, that 7 is probably someone else 10... So you are entering s relationship with a person that is not the 'person of your dreams' while also tking someone else's ' person of his/her dreams'.

Being picky means you have to be more patient, it also mean you have to develop yourselve to become a better version of yourselve, in order to increase your chances of being attractive and interesting to 'the person o fyour dreams'... Imagine if all of us did that? How wonderful would be a world where everybody are onstantly growing and maturing as a person, following their dreams, becoming better each day... That would be a dream world...so be picky... But also use that pickyness as a motivation for growth, dont become the picky person that whines all day about how they are so lonely, and the few person they have loved disnt love then back... Become the mother fucker who fight for his/her dreams with persistence, become an expert at growing and maturing.

9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there's anything wrong with being picky. I don't think anyone should settle. As for the thing about selecting people based on how they look--i.e. their "hotness"--I think it's the nature of the venue. The fact of the matter is that you can readily see what they look like and discerning whether they are kind or intelligent may be more difficult. I think if someone who is hot is the main thing you really are looking for in a long term relationship, that's kinda sad. If however, it's in the top five and maybe it's the only one of the five that you can readily discern on the site, why wouldn't you use it to narrow the field?

10. LiquidSwords

Yeah I joined a site, think I'm not allowed to mention which one, but me being picky and that there are so few gay guys compared to straight girls in the first place means it's not been very helpful for me. Nobody I was especially attracted to looks or personality wise, apart from one kid who I'm obviously too nervous to message :confused:

It feels really difficult when you're only attracted to a minority of a minority, but I really do need to find someone :confused:

11. Story Jinx

I don't think it's a bad thing.
    And even more if it's for a long term relationship.
    If you choose to share your life with someone, you should pick someone who fits you completely.

Yes, you shouldn't choose someone only based on physical appearance, but being picky is not always about the look.
    It can be about the personality too.

12. confuseduser99

Thanks for the input everyone! I agree. Being picky means being lonely, but hopefully it's worth it!