1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoodOlMe, Apr 12, 2007.

1. GoodOlMe

Well I've come to the conclusion that when you are gay/bi, finding a person of the same sex to go out with is extremely hard, as most of you probably already have. So for those of you with some experience, I'm gonna tell you a problem, and tell me what would you do in my situation. So I'm a junior in high school, still in a deep dark closet, lots of friends (not to brag, but hangin with jocks and cheerleaders is who I hang out with), and I don't want anyone to find out till I graduate. But there is this guy that is freagin georgous, tan, buff, etc etc. Anywho, sometimes I get the hint he is gay, so I'll just kinda tease him and he doesn't really seam to care. Other than saying "Hi, I'm gay and I would love to make out with you", what would you recommend doin?
    P.S. Sorry this is so long

2. Jim1454

I would think you should stay on the same path you're on - maybe taking the teasing up a notch when the two of you are alone - and see what his reaction is in that situation.

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

Well what i do to find out people. I just get to know them and then kinda randomly ask them if they are gay/bi. if no just say you were curious about who in your school is gay/bi. if yes then you come out too. then a little later see if they flirt and then either they will ask you out or you can ask then. or not. it's just cool to know that other people you kno are gay/bi.

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, that's not long. That's short.

Second... seriously, probably the best thing you can do (especially given the crowd you hang out with) is get him alone one night and get drunk together.

I know that sounds either insane or bizarre but alcohol does lower inhibitions and last I checked, getting drunk is a pretty common activity for jocks in high school, right?

Of course, the best, most sure way is to get him alone and ask him, or tell him about you, or maybe use the "a blowjob is a blowjob" line... but I think my initial idea has merit. Of course, one would have to have balls of steel to do it... but nothing venture, nothing gained.

Plus, just thinking about it is kinda hot, right? :icon_twis

5. Kimi

I'm not experienced at all so I don't know if this is gonna help you...but

If the guy and I are friend then I usually ask guy for a bite(lunch, dinner or whatever) with me, when he is not surrounded by anyone.
    And if he said...

"No" - Without any reason. Then my answer is he is not gay. And even if he is gay...that means there is no chances for me at all.

"No" - With a good reason. Then I'd say he might so I'll ask him again. I think most of "jocks" that I know are not quite smart enough to make excuses for it instantly and mostly they don't care if I feel bad or whatever causes his reaction to me.
    And if he say no with a good reason whenever you ask then, he might be smart and kind person or he is just too danm busy to bother you. (even if he is gay there is still no chance)

"Yes" - Because...you guys are good "friend" then, why don't you just come out to him? I mean if you guys are good friend though. That's the fastest way to find out:icon_mrgr

And other "Yes" are good sign MOSTLY.

Here is not so great idea but actually I did this to my friend
    Go to his house and go to his room. Ask if it's ok to use his computer.(just say you wanna check email or myspace or whatever) and if he is not around go to "My Document" and search video files for "gay".
    If he is around (which he was when I did this) then, go to online and check his history or favorite jokingly if he got panic...60% he is gay, if he did not 85% he is not gay.
    I found out my friend was straight and he likes big breast:dry:

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that's anything to do with being gay/bi... I think that's to do with being closeted. If you can't come out and say what you want, then how are you going to get it?

Granted, it is probably somewhat harder, statistically, for non-straight people to find relationship material just because there is a smaller pool of people to draw from... but I think most of the frustration you're facing (and a lot of people on EC are facing) has way more to do with not being able to be open about who you're interested in.

Effectively, it's the same thing. However there is a distinction, and I think it's good to make, because if you're out and out of high school, the obstacles that you face trying to find a boyfriend are definitely different than "will I get beat up if I tell this guy I wanna kiss him?"

7. GoodOlMe

Well, I'm goin tannin today and I told him I'm gonna pick him up and he can come with me. We've gone together before then went lifting after, but thats about it. There is one wierd thing though. At our school our "jocks" like star football players and basketball players and whatnot are religious, and dont even think of touching alcohol, wierd i know. The only people that drink at our school are the emo's, skaters, and the people you never even knew went to your school cuz you never see them. There arent any gangs or people like that, cuz come on, if you are in utah then you definately are not in a real gang haha.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're going TANNING with a high school jock? After which you might go lift together? That sounds like the gayest and most homoerotic thing I've EVER heard of... since when the hell do guy in high school go tanning together? That's brilliant!

Anyway, obviously you need to tempt this guy to the dark side and get him drunk. As if any teenage guy isn't curious, right? And "bad boy" evil is the best evil there is. Bar none.

It's good to be bad. :icon_twis

9. Jim1454

I have to agree! If you're going TANNING together, OMG! HOT! I would think that situation would lend itself to all kinds of opportunities to drop hints and solicit 'telling' comments in return.

Have fun!

10. dea

dea

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Definately the perfect opportunity! Let us know how it goes... *wink

11. GoodOlMe

Sigh, I didnt pick him up when I went the other day, I forgot to call him :eusa_doh:
    So I went tannin alone, and holy crap doncha just hate it when you fry the goods? Well thats another story, but back to hot babes and jocks and whatnot. Well the next day in class I didnt really get to sit by him, but after school I just kinda flirted, but not to the extent people would be like "wtf are you doin?". And he went along with it, but ya never know, he could just be really naive. Well I could always turn to good old daqueries and screwdrivers (my two favorite drinks ever).
    One thing though, I've never gotten drunk, not even buzzed. I must have a high tolerancy of alcohol. But when you get drunk only your motor skills and judgemental skills are effected correct? Well what if I go too far and he remembers everything?

12. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you drink enough, you can suffer blackouts and definite memory fuzziness but that takes quite a bit of alcohol. Like "it's difficult for me to stand upright" amount of alcohol.

If he remembers anything, you can just use the age-old excuse, "Dude, I was so fucking drunk last night I don't know what the shit I was doing."

Of course, that assumes he remembers stuff AND has some kind of objection to it. :icon_twis

You really need to work on your memory when you're sober, though, from the sound of it. *grin*

And as for the drinking, just do shots... that usually works quickest. Plus it can be competitive, which could prove useful.

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I start loosening up at 2 drinks, I get buzzed at about 5 drinks and "its difficult for me to stand upright"/ remember stuff / start getting sick :eusa_sick / pass out drunk at like 12+. I really don't like getting completely trashed. It's kind of scary to not know what you did the night before. Plus you miss out on all the fun.

One thing with shots is it's waay to easily to over do it. That's why I try to stick to beer or mixed drinks. And set a limit before I start. You don't want to ruin a good night by being too drunk.

But as Joey said, you can always use the "Dude, I was so fucking drunk last night I don't know what the shit I was doing." line.

And if people aren't completely trashed, they might remember something 'stupid' they did, but they will try to pretend it didn't happen, and hope others involved don't remember.

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Kenko, that's quite the blow by blow. :slight_smile:

But yeah, you don't want to drink to the last stage Kenko is mentioning. Not knowing what happened the night before is not a good thing, plus getting sick by overdrinking--not fun.

Okay, yeah, I could see how shots could easily be overdone. I'm just not that crazy a drinker so I'm unlikely to have shots so quickly that before I know it I've had that much. Of course, I'm a relatively experienced drinker in that I've been doing it (on and off, not all the time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) for more than 10 years.

Personally I really like Smirnoff Ice, which here in Vancouver is a bit stereotypical. But I do. And sometimes it only takes me 2 or 3 of those to get buzzed. Of course I think we have a higher alcohol content in our coolers and beer in Canada than they do in the States at least. Elsewhere in the world I'd have no clue how it compares.

Oh right, the whole "what I didn't do anything stupid last night because no one involved is going to cop to it" thing! That's always funny.

15. GoodOlMe

Well when I drink I have to plan everything out in advance. I have to have an alibi, a place where I'm staying for the nigh, and a place where I'm sayin I'm gonna be the next morning, but I'm really gonna be somewhere with a hangover. Which means I'll probably have to wait till summer to do this. I've got a set of friends I dont hang out with much, but they drink when they get together so maybe I could have him tag along. Which probably wouldnt be to bad, because I flirt with the girls all the time and they have boyfriends so the boyfriends think I'm straight and dont really care for me bein around their girl's much, but hey, I get enjoyment from that sorta thing but i'm not sure why. But I got one question, why would I flirt with girls if I have zero attraction to them, I confuse myself sometimes. . .oh well:bang:

16. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like it would be worth the trouble of setting up to me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I would go for sooner than later but that's because I have zero patience.

As for flirting with girls, probably because you're an attention whore. *grin* Lots of people (sometimes quite frustratingly) flirt with people they're not interested in because that kind of attention is a charge even if you're not going to go anywhere with it.

Personally in my ideal world no one would flirt with anyone else unless (a) they meant it or (b) both parties knew for sure it wasn't serious. But then I've yet to make it to my ideal world, so I guess we're stuck with the heartbreaking flirt people.

17. Jim1454

Probably because there's no pressure, no chance that it will lead anywhere, not need to think about it. With guys you're likely thinking too hard about it...

18. GoodOlMe

heh, BINGO. I love the attention I just figured it out, haha you guys are genious's. The girls no I'm going no where with any of it, but the guys on the other hand have no clue, so I get satisfaction from makin guys jealous hee hee.
    As far as planning everything out, I'll have to wait untill I get my bullet bike, that way I will have a mode of transpertation. Oooh, I'm getting chills just thinking of how the night is going to be. I will pick him up on my sexy new bike, he will be clinging to my back as I drive, we get waisted, do tha dirty dirty, wake up next to eachother the next morning, and then stay together forever.

Oh boy, I've been watching too many movies :confused:

19. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It took me years. But I live in a country whose conservativeness is only surpassed by the Vatican's so it does not count. However, when I found a gay guy... we were in bed together after a day or two.

20. Camikila

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you think you live in a conservitive area? The town i live in has just over a thousand or so people. about 600or so of us are in highschool and the rest are all adults... mainly elderly. I live in cottage country of Ontario... one high school for our county... two elementary schools, major town rivalry that borders phychotic and one pre-school.
    Everyone knows everyone and everyone that that person knows. Parents get others to watch where thier kids are, who they hang out with, what they do and why. It's so homophobic there's only 4-7 kids who i know are bi/gay/les and are out, 5 i know aren't out and who knows who else is out or not...
    We have two radio atations... One for the elderly and the other...for middle aged people... no music for us teens....No support groups for anyone except for Family Services and everyone in there knows you and your friends and your family and family friends. Most of my family and extended family live here...and the same goes for most everyone I know...
    It's a knightmare.

Now, I'm not sure if it'll help much...
    Before I got in my current relationship, I went out with a girl I had known for years... I grew up with her and she came out the same day I did...just only to me. That should have been my hint...but I was sort of blind to her affection until I got dumped by my bf at the time and well, she started hanging out with me a bit more, we talked and then one day I just came out and told her that I liked her and she told me she felt the same and kissed me on the cheek. It was odd...but it worked for me...