1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sticks and stones

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Carpe Noctem, May 16, 2014.

1. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been having a really rough time these days...

This popped up on my facebook feed.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=656191157787770

I usually hate motivational quotes and pictures and always seem to have a UGH! reaction...
    I litteraly cried for the whole 6 minutes and 10 minutes after that (yes, I only say this on EC where gender roles don't matter :slight_smile: ) and now I feel so much better and so much stronger and I thought I should share this with everyone on here you are not alone and if you think that no one loves you, I do! :slight_smile:

The amount of support on this forum is amazing, I rarely make posts about myself but just reading other's stories helps as we're all going through more or less the same stuff. My friends won't bother so it's where I come to find help or support.
    And seriously, 'sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me' is the most false statement ever said - someone please make it illegal.

(And I know I should go see a therapist. :frowning2: )

2. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my God, Thanks for sharing that Carpe.
    I've got a lump in my throat at the moment...

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't see a link to a video (I'm on my phone so it may actually be there) but if you liked that quote and haven't seen the "To This Day" video you may enjoy it. Here is a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY

I love this video