1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date=sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by agraves, Aug 8, 2008.

1. agraves

I was listening to the radio today and on this talk show in New York (Opie and Anthony or something like that) they were talking about first dates. They said that if you're a gay man then the first date means not going out to dinner or a movie as you would think, but having sex. Only after you had sex could you decide whether you liked the person and wanted to take them out on a real date.

I don't want to seem ignorant and I highly doubt what they said is true, but I was just wondering if that's how it is. I mean, I wouldn't have sex on a first date to decide if I liked someone, I know people do it but that's usually all they're looking for, not a real relationship but sex.

These guys are just ignorant, right?

2. Arrk

Just another stereotype of gay people: that they are sex-driven maniacs.

Those people really don't know anything about gay people. Of course there are gay people who do it but there are people in the straight community who also do it.

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, were the presenters actually gay?

If so then that is probably just how they work. For them to say that is how the whole gay community works is just false representation and they're silly for even trying to get people to believe that. It shows what type of people they hang around with though if that's their impression of the gay community.

If they aren't gay then who are they to even say what we do? It annoys me enough that we are told what rights we can and can't have by people who don't even see the world from our point of view, but to then try and say that we live exactly how some stereotype portrays us is nothing more than ignorance and bad presenting.

Either way they're foolish for saying that. They can't talk about a diverse group of people like there is no mix inside that group. There is a mix of people in every group no matter how big or small it is.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're not ignorant so much as expanding a trend to encompass absolutely everybody.

Let me pick another example. I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying, among children, more girls own a pink bicycle than boys. What they've done is the equivalent of saying "If you're a girl, you own a pink bicycle."

I think it's true that more gay men have sex on the first date than straights. Why? Less stuff to get through. If a straight guy wants to have sex with a woman, he has to make sure SHE wants to, and try to approach this idea without having her think he's only got sex on the brain. So there may be some touchy-feely moments, some mild flirting, some backing off, all that. It isn't at all surprising among gay guys to run into someone who is interested in taking things to the bedroom, so they can make their desires known by saying "You wanna?" Because of this, I'd say more gay first-dates end up in the bedroom than straight dates.

But to say "A first gay date means sex"? That's stretching things. So why say it? Jealousy, I think. They'd love it if they could just do the "you wanna" thing. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. agraves

No, I don't think they are. I listened to their radio show briefly. I can't stand them because I, within the first 5 minutes of listening to them, heard 2 racist comments and the first date conversation. My local radio station just put them on the air down here in Virginia...New York can keep them as far as I'm concerned.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't they make a cute couple? :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

Lex

7. Amy

Amy

^ haha...no :grin: ^

yes.

stupid too.

and jealous.

[ im still smiling about that picture ]

8. SkyTears

I would have called them up and told them to get new sources because theirs are majorly flawed.

9. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hm... I've had sex on my first date... more than once... :S

Most of those times, it was the only date...

*feels like a whore*

10. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I think they are ignorant I personally could never have sex with someone before I really dated and loved the person. Though I have been told by a guy that he wanted sex before we dated..... I cut that one off pretty quick.

11. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may be a trend, but it's happening.

I met this 15 year old kid online who does this routinely, often never speaking to the guy again.

/sigh.

Strange... but different strokes for different folks I guess.

12. silentsound

^Best example ever... as always Lex =)

13. sexyalex

hummmm
    idk...i am gonna have to disagree with u lex...

you see while the sterotype or the "generalisation" your putting on gay people may be so out in the general pubilc...
    really, how many gay people here want to have sex on the first date? humm? Would u lex?

I think when he made that comment he was not being ignorant, nether was he generalizing but passivly being exaggerant about his statement. It's a commentary radio programme, people are listening and he wants to keep it real for the air so he keep/get more listeners. I remember Queer as Folk 1st season opening when Micheal said (in naration) "guys think about sex every 28 sec...well that is straight men, gay guys think about sex every 15 seconds." or something like that...

but fact is, i know allot of gay people, including myself who i am sure do not think of sex every 15 seconds. So I think it was meant to be a sarcastic joke. :shrug: atleast, from my point of view.

lemmi hear what others have to say huh?:confused:

14. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I disagree, but with you and everyone else.

I don't think he was out to be ignorant, mean, or sarcastic. I think he honestly believes in what he said because that's what he's been taught. To him, he was simply stating fact. Tell me one culture on this entire planet that casts the homosexual culture in a positive light, regardless of how tolerant and accepting their governments might be? Zero.

When I say this I feel that I'm speaking for the majority of gay people, that we're not out to have sex all the time. But things like Will & Grace and Queer As Folk don't help our cause, because every single gay character in those shows is just out to get some dick (that's rude and I'm sorry, but it's the truth). So when a seemingly intelligent straight person goes on the radio and says something like that, it isn't at all surprising.

15. sexyalex

humm....never thought of it that way. but that maybe works too:eusa_eh:

16. neverover

well, my bf made out on our first date. but our first date doesnt lyk a first date. we know each other very well, because we text for lyk once in every 3 minutes. soo, we made out lyk old friends. lol

17. sexyalex

umm....Ramma dear, they said sex not make out <.<

...pfft, highschoolers :dry:

lmao lmfao jk jk jk. and u never even messaged me to tell me u were back safe D:

18. tr1ppy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Heh, I've still got my virgin-until-marriage standard.
    So that doesn't apply to me.