1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did people spread gay rumors about you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 16, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think anyone has spread any gay rumors about me. I'm a friendless nerd and no one really gossips about friendless nerds.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that I know of. However, some dumbass jocks in middle school that it would be funny to spread a rumor about me and one of my friends liking two of them. Funny since I'm sure one of them are in the closet anyway.

I'm kind of disappointed nobody took too many rumor jabs at me that I'm aware of. I was the perfect target after all for lulz. Oh well, I guess my transparent "ghostly" ways made it hard for them to find something to poke fun at.

3. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Aw... (*hug*)
    None that I know of, although occasionally someone would make an off-color remark implying that I was gay.

4. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wasn't interesting or scandalous enough really. There'd be rumours about girls who were either really popular or really unpopular, but I was in between and kinda not really noticed too much so nobody cared enough to spread rumours about me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and I liked it better that way.

5. Projectfabulous

People would usually just assumed that I was gay pretty much. Or talk about it. Sometimes they made jokes. I had one rumor spread this year at another school that made it to my school that I was dating a guy in the Marching Band.

6. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In Jr. Highschool I was the "lesbian devil worshipper"

Fun times.

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More than you can imagine. A few years before I even knew I was bi, a couple of my friends decided to spread it around the the entire college/university that I was attending that I was bi if not completely gay. Mind you the school was only 800 students, but still I was incredibly hurt by that.

They felt that, that if everyone knew I was gay then they could convince me that I was. The sad thing is that I am not the only person that they did this too. Myself and the other person were so hurt by this, that not only did it not help, it made us both go further into the closet. It delayed me even to be able to think about my sexuality for years.

8. C P

C P

As far as I'm aware, no(though apparently some random person on my old bus said something, but he talked smack about everyone so I doubt it was anything notable), because almost all the way through school I was just that 'goody goody' type(or so everyone thought, ha)...as in didn't buy into a lot of peer pressure and all that. Everyone seems to think that I'm just that nice guy who's waiting for the right girl.

IF there is any rumor out there, the only thing it'd have going for it is because I've never had a girlfriend before and don't fit the stereotypical straight guy picture of constantly talking about girls and boobs/tits. I only make an occasional comment if someone directs it at me, other than that I usually avoid that kind of thing.

I find it pretty amusing though how family looks at a guy like my brother(who, though he has a girlfriend, fits that stereotype above when not in a relationship) and then asks why all guys can't just be like me and try not to 'pimp' girls all day. o_o Little do they know...

#8 C P, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  9. confuseduser99

Apparently at least one person has. Someone in my program in college thinks I'm gay (he's gay himself). I found out that he thinks this about me because of a mutual friend (who used to be in the same program). Clearly he's mentioned the fact that he thinks I'm gay to other people.

This friend who told me this also told me that quite a few people think I'm gay. I guess I must inhibit some gay stereotypes that I'm not aware of... I don't think I'm a "stereotypical gay" (voice, dress, etc.).

10. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only ever since I was about nine or ten.

People do gossip about friendless nerds after all.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No people like me so not that I know of. Also I don't show any gay genes.

12. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ehhh they really didn't. i don't really look "gay" or do i sound like one, so everyone is on the premises on me being straight.

13. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now why would people spread gay rumors about a guy who looks totally straight?

14. Theron

Yes, and it wasn't just students. It was teachers, too. I finished high school at 19, barely, and I had horrible grades.

15. Gen

Gen

There was a rather polarizing class discussion about it by my Junior year of high school. Apparently, someone brought my name up and a random guy described me as the 'short gay guy'. Another guy, whom I barely spoke to, promptly started a debate with him about my sexual preferences because he was sure that I was straight (God, knows why). Eventually the discussion spread throughout the class and everyone held their own opinion. Interestingly enough, I wasn't even in this class and the majority of the people within it I barely knew, despite them all holding opinions. I suppose everyone had given it some thought at some point and I was relatively well-known. By my senior year, nobody knew what the hell to think.

Honestly, I was pretty certain that I didn't want to date anyone at that school, so I though it more fun to keep up the mystery.

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There were definitely some people who could tell. With rumors though, I frankly wasn't social enough to be aware of any. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. AlamoCity

Only curious as to why I never dated.

18. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After I slept with a guy from my school, he told his friends... and his friends told everyone.

So you can imagine what it was like.

19. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I was identified as gay at school and like Robert above, I'll leave it your imagination what it was like. Caused a lot of damage.

20. BelleFromHell

Getting a little touchy with the thread topics..?

Nobody spread any rumors. It's impossible to spread rumors when you don't know anyone.

My parents found out I was gay a year or two before I did, but all they did was taunt me about it. I never showed any interest in men, so I guess it wasn't hard to figure out.

My god-mom said she knew I was gay since I was a little kid. How she managed to figure it out so soon is beyond me..