1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maeve, May 16, 2014.

1. Maeve

I'm officially moving out of my parents' place later this month. I'm renting a room in a house. I'm new to all of this, so I'd love some advice! I'm not sure what to bring...clothes and toiletries, obviously. Entertainment (computer, books) and my little knickknacks. The room is furnished, so I'm just bringing my bed...I bought new bedding because mine is ancient. I also bought some towels, a dry erase board and a vacuum cleaner. Other than that, what should I get? Any general advice?

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spend a week or two cataloguing absolutely everything you use while you're in your parents house (and do all your own work, too, so you realise what you need), and also use that time to manage every cent you spend. Being self-aware so that your first move isn't a humiliating financial crash for you is really important.

Do you have a washing machine, a fridge, cooking equipment, a dryer if there's nowhere to dry your clothes in the air, etc.? Those aren't things you can go without (unless some are relatively cheap in a nearby public laundry, for example)

3. Maeve

The house is fully furnished. My room is too, but I'll be bringing my own bed.

Cooking equipment--some. I probably need more. And eating stuff now I think of it. Hmm, laundry soap because I have sensitive skin. I don't think I need to bring major cleaning supplies.