1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad news

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SqueakyBubbles9, Aug 8, 2008.

1. I don't know if this has been reported here already. If it has, then a mod can delete it or move it else where :slight_smile:

Anyways, did you all read this story?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-8626.html

It makes me really angry! I still can't believe people would do this. Where is their conscience?

2. hoping

Its sickeing that these freaks would do this, the amount of hate they have for gays must be horrible to want to kill somebody. Its really sad that he died,His family are in my prayers

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It makes me sick to my stomach to see stuff like this still happens. :frowning2:

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today, most people who were not alive then look back at the civil rights movement and are amazed that such a ridiculous issue could go so far. I hope the day hurries up when people look back at our times and think how stupid people were to hate and kill other individuals for their sexuality.

5. silentsound

I hate that we live in a world that would even think to resort to this at all... especially over something so trivial as sexuality

6. it horrifies me to know that it happened in his home, a place where he was supposed to feel safe. If LGBT people can't feel safe in their own home, where can they? The recent reports in homophobic attacks has proven to me that the level of acceptance towards the LGBT community from the 'straight' community has started to decrease once more, it's becoming more obvious to me as I read more news reports on such cases that the streets are becoming less safe for LGBT people, rather than the safe equality of which we seek.

it makes me sad.

7. musicgirl112233

That makes me sick:frowning2:! How could someome do that.

8. Ben

Ben

The ignorance and hostility of some people is disgusting.
    It's very upsetting to see such attacks still happening in the modern world.

9. Bookmarked

I always thought we'd moved further on. That our society had actually learned something from the past. History seems like it only wants to repeat itself.

Almost surely, the attackers will use the "homosexual panic" defense. An excuse for their senseless rage and hate. It's sad to think that one so young, so full of potential would suffer that.

10. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

You are not alone Becky.
    Abhorrence after abhorrence.
    It almost makes you feel helpless,
    yet at the same time empowered to make sure that this ends once and for all.

11. I agree with you!!!! If you can't feel safe at home...then where?! I just can't believe any of this nonsense that happens on a daily basis. So sad...:icon_sad:

12. James

How could someone do this? may he RIP.

13. Brandford

thats so sad...i seriously dont understand why people can think just because somebody is different than them they deserve to be punished or to die, its repulsive

14. Alexander

yeah. whenever I first see this kind of story I always feel like someone punched me in the gut. and it doesn't go away...

:frowning2:

15. Kat22

I almost cried reading this! I have a friend that had a cousin murdered in WY because he was gay almost 10 years ago and it still haunts their family. My heart goes out to this boy's family :-(