1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curiosity about Attraction

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Toast, May 17, 2014.

1. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm curious. What do you guys and girls, straight or gay, look for in a potential partner? Long hair or short? Masculine or feminine? Etc. Etc. There's no particular reason for this question. Its just... Well, curiosity.

I think girls with short hair and glasses are extremely attractive. Makeup isn't exactly a favorite thing of mmine, but it's okay in the right amounts. And I like how real girls look, not touched-up barbie-doll lookalikes.

2. Hexagon

Similarities in politics and values, some degree of shared interests, intelligence, desire to save the world, and a general dedication to goodness.

I don't think that was the answer you were looking for, but I don't really have physical preferences. Perhaps the only thing really is androgyny.

3. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My post seems so shallow now! But no, your reply was great. I meant physically, but there really is so much more to attraction than that.

4. I tend (but not exclusively) to be attracted to brunette women with long hair and high cheekbones. Masculine or feminine, I'll take the lot! haha

Generally speaking, I'll more often be attracted to a girl if she looks...idk alternative? That seems like the wrong word. Like, I love the juxtaposition of some 'traditional' female looks with something completely nontraditional thrown in. Like a girl wearing a pretty, dainty little dress but with half her head shaved. Or high femme makeup and hair and a bunch of tattoos.

Lots of other stuff too, but those things stand out when I'm trying to explain my attraction

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With men my preference is that they look like they belong in the series Vikings.

(ex:
    [​IMG])
    (Hell let's even keep the dirt and grime, I like that too :lol:. Also, in light of a recent thread, I'd like to say that this does not imply that I exclusively prefer white men, but rather any big, burly, hairy men. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

With women I have no preferred body type (perhaps because I am less sexually attracted to them than I am men).

In both genders I prefer longer hair, but in truth that's a relatively inconsequential feature.

Most importantly, with regards to personality, I have come to label my most preferred type as "nerdy badass." In fact, just saying those words makes me think of a certain crush I currently have and how awesome she is. :lol: (which I need to get over, 'cause it's never going to happen! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I guess that implies that I prefer masculinity, but I'm reticent to use that label exclusively and would prefer to use only the term "nerdy badass."

#5 Browncoat, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  6. awesomeness

I tend to be attracted to guys who have a "softer" and more feminine appearance, but with a masculine and guy-like personality.

So basically: Feminine appearance, masculine personality

7. XRay

I'm not sure I have a certain type when it comes to appearance. I find myself attracted to feminine, masculine, tomboy, short, tall, with or without makeup, etc. The only thing I noticed is that almost every woman who I was attracted to was brunette

8. LaEsmeralda

Oh I definitely have a type. Tall, brunette, long hair, pretty, feminine.

When it comes to men, my past boyfriends and flings have all had two things in common. Extremely scrawny and receding hairlines. Not sure what to make of it really, starting to think on some level that my dream man is Gollum :eek:

9. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :lol: That'shilarious, LaEsmeralda. I'm trying and failing to think of something witty to reply with. You win this time... :eusa_clap

10. LaEsmeralda

Thanks Flyte :slight_smile: You're just precious.

See what I did there? Ahaaaa...

11. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It took me a moment to figure it out. Clever, LaEsmeralda.

That immediately reminded me of the 'donut to rule them all', oddly enough. It's a donut, iced to look like the One Ring. Fantastic.

But that's straying from the point of this thread. Oops. Still, props to wit!

#11 Toast, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  12. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not picky when it comes to these things. I have noticed that my preferences tend to learn towards kinda femme guys and more masculine girls. I'm also a fan of some androgyny. So right in the middle of the gender spectrum. I also briefly had a thing for girls on the swim team for some reason... not sure why. But basically, classy skinny guys along with taller, slightly masculine girls are my thing. I don't like male facial hair at all, and girls with tons of makeup kinda intimidate me.

13. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm totally with you on the facial hair and makeup thing.

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guy: I like shorter guys who are not very hairy with muscular legs and a nice butt of course. Blonde hair is strongly preferred, but it depends. A little bit of facial hair is ok. I do get turned on by colorful belts. So masculine looking(other than the belt) with a gentle attitude. The welcome Empty Closets cover boy kind of turns me on.:wink:

Haven't been pursuing girls a lot lately, but I don't like really skinny girls. I either like really short hair(like a boy cut) or shoulder length blonde hair. Confident/borderline bossy woman are a turn on too.

15. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like badass/alternative girls. I also tend to like girls who have blonde hair. Pretty much all of the non-badass girls I've been attracted to have blonde hair.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like girls that are feminine short or long hair is fine .

17. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Feminine or masculine are both fine with me. I like the hair being of a more feminine style though regardless of length.

18. GurtieP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's important to be physically attracted to a potential partner. I prefer dark hair and a goofy smile.
    But I think the key is humor. If you make me laugh, you're in.