1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians having biological babies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Qu_, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Qu_

Qu_ Guest

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/article2444462.ece

Well, this is certainly interesting, and very promising. It's funny, I myself didn't actually find the article, but found it in a new debate spurred on my super-conservative school's myspace board. Not being familiar with the independent, I immediately went to go check the article's credibility and it has matched up with a few other British news sites, but CNN and other major American sites have yet to have anything on it. But I'm 95% positive on its credibility so moving on...

The prospects of two lesbians being able to have a child together with both of their genes is amazing to think about. Mind you, this is still in its very early stages, and they've only been able to produce immature sperm from the female bone marrow, and they can only have daughters, but a few years from now if they can manage to clinically mature the sperm even female biological children would be amazing steps forward to normalizing the "untraditional" family.