1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby dykes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, May 19, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    What's your opinion on baby dykes and that term? I almost became one, but I got sick with HOCD.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually not sure what that is. Much of the LGBT jargon is still lost on me.

3. itsonlyrelative

Its basically a new lesbian or a baby lesbian that is new to whole concept of being a lesbian. I look forward to the day when other lesbians stop classifying me as one

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a baby dyke but l like saying baby lesbian:slight_smile:

5. Lipstick Leuger

I think it's a cute term. It is meant to show affection and understanding of the struggle we all go through to find ourselves and our places in the LGBT culture.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think it's cute too :icon_bigg please older lesbians take care of us baby dykes and show us the way :icon_redf(*hug*)

7. I used it to describe myself for a long time. I don't think I would use it to talk about anyone else just in case they were offended. Though I super do not mean it as anything but warm and friendly and understanding.

8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally agree with this. Everyone's got to start somewhere.

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Forgive me for sticking this here. I'm not lesbian and not trying to potentially offend anyone by posting this. But for some reason, the term in the thread title always makes me think of this (dating myself here): :grin:

https://soundcloud.com/joegaeta/mangled-baby-ducks

10. PurpleGrey

Sometimes I catch myself being a total baby dyke, but I try not to be one. To make sense of it, I've defined it in my head as, "sort of a weaboo, but for lesbian culture".

Sometimes I think I should act a bit like a baby dyke just to set off other queer girls' gaydar, but of course I don't, that's not my speed.

11. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I've always wondered, are you a baby dyke when you are first figuring yourself out or when you are freshly out of the closet? How long before you are just a lesbian? I also prefer baby lesbian:slight_smile:

12. EyesNeverLie

Well I'm definitely not a baby lesbian. (I like that term better.) I came out when I was 16... So I guess I'm a "elder lesbian"... Oh god, that makes me feel old! :lol

13. TinyBee

i like the term a lot, i think its really cute. i just started using the term though, since i thought i was bisexual until quite recently.

14. Lipstick Leuger

Bi girls can be Baby Dykes also. Usually(not always thought) it is used for Butch girls, lesbian or Bi. They have Baby Femmes also......

I wish there was more mentoring in the gay community, it is needed and would really help build healthy relationships. After all, straight folk have a rich network of other straight couples and friends to learn from, to ask questions of and talk of their fears to. Why should it be different in the gay community?

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok I'm a baby femme now :slight_smile:(!)

16. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Baby Femme.... I love that term!

17. wanderinggirl

I've heard "baby dyke" as a term used to describe someoen who is so eager to be out and show the world that they try on a bunch of different personas (butch is often one of them) in an effort to show solidarity with the gay community. Sometimes swaggering around a lesbian bar like they're Shane, taking themselves too seriously, etc. I was/still am really fascinated by being able to play around with my gender presentation and with lesbian culture, and I'm still in a process, so maybe I'm just a really old baby queer?

I think we've all been there and I hate that it's a way for people who have been out since the day they were born to look down on other people still going through the process. I mean, it's a relief to finally explore yourself without fear; people forget that it's a good thing.

18. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm not a big fan of that word, but I suppose I don't have the right to be offended, because I'm not a lesbian.

19. fortheloveoflez

it's kind of cute and can be used to preface some humorous lesbian jokes...like "back in the day when I was a baby dyke the only "out" celebrity I knew was Ellen" or "during my baby dyke years I thought that a dental dam was a listerine strip" lol...well that wasn't that funny but you all probably know what I mean...