1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend told mom I'm queer - sleepovers, attraction, and homophobia?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wontwalkblindly, May 20, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So today I was hanging out with my friend and she wanted to go to the store. I was being lazy and said "ughh I don't wanna go." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and she said "why? Are you embarrassed of our relationship?!" (As a joke; pretty loudly) she then remembered that her mother was home and was reminded of a thing and proceeded to tell me that: she had told her mom that I'm queer (bc her and her mom are very close) and that her mom asked her if she shouldn't let me sleep over there anymore. Because she wouldn't let boys sleep over because they could be attracted to my friend. My friend of course said no, that it wasnt necessary. But this makes me feel weird. Like, I don't really care that my friend told her mom but just what her mom said in response..and like wondering if she's judging me or thinking I'm trying to get with her daughter..it's weird..and uncomfortable to me. Idk. I mean, there's nothing really that I could do but just idk. Rambles of a me. Shhh.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A very reasonable concern.

In any other situation, I'd give the whole spiel about some people just being ignorant, but when it comes to parents and their children's friends, I know that some stupid and judgmental things can easily be said out of worry for their child.
    I wouldn't take this for anything more than her being concerned about her kid.

Is it totally right? No, but no harm, no foul. As long as she doesn't treat you differently, I think it's an okay thing.

Rambling is a beautiful thing. :thumbsup: