1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Defender, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Defender

Defender Guest

Heya peeps,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice concerning painting? I was thinking of maybe trying it. I have no idea where to start, like types of brushes, paints, materials etc. so I'm a bit clueless.

Any help? :grin:

2. berileos

berileos Guest

Start with simple drawings,only with a pencil.Then,if you want to,you can color it with crayons for a start,then go for whatever you feel like.The color in the painting represents your feelings.If you are sad,you will probably use dark colors(black,grey,purple),if you are happy,you may use red,green,yellow...My mom is a painter so I know a lot about it.Here's a sample of her oil paint...
    Image042.jpg

3. grapevine fires

Oh god. You're getting yourself into a very broad art form. I would suggest you do some research on the topic and maybe enroll yourself into art classes. They'll teach you the basics of painting and you'll probably learn about all the mediums available and how to use them.

If you'd like to know more.. like, the colour theory, the principles and elements of design, and basic information on brushes and paints, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to help :slight_smile: