1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not doing anything for your 21 birthday...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robotman, May 21, 2014.

1. robotman

Hey everyone, I am just wondering if doing nothing for your 21st birthday is pathetic? Like am I an actual loser? lol...

My 21st is coming up later this year and I have absolutely nothing planned for it, I don't feel like I have any friends at all that I could invite to it aswell (which sucks) and I also just don't want to do anything for it as I have never been that interested in my own birthday anyways... I just feel kind of pathetic about it be I hear everyone say that "your 21st should be amazing and special, etc..."

2. confuseduser99

It's okay, I'm a total loser as well! My parents are throwing a family brunch for my 21st birthday. Aunts, uncles and cousins. After that, we're off to Cali for a 3 week road trip.

While I guess that I'm still "doing something", it's all with the family. No "partying" or "Vages trip" with friends.

3. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents and the rest of my family were really keen for me to have a party for my 21st. But I didn't want one at all. In the end I managed to convince my mum that it would be a waste of money for her to spend it all on a party. Instead I blagged her that I'd rather just have the money for a holiday, which she was more than happy to compromise with. So instead of a party, I got railroaded into going to a family meal, which was fine! I just hate being the centre of attention.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I didn't do anything for mine either.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing significant about turning 21 in the UK - except you get the full minimum wage.

6. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Robotman, I can't suggest either way how you define a "good" birthday from a "bad" birthday or in your words a "pathetic" one.

Ultimately, it's your birthday so you do what you want to do. I don't need to suggest what that might because I expect you might already know what you want in your ideal world. What would you like to do though, if you could choose anything?

I'm not 21 yet, but I've had my 18th which probably isn't too different in significance, I didn't do anything for it at all.

I really understand where you are coming from in terms of the friends thing. I don't feel I have anyone I could invite either. The guy I consider my best friend, had his birthday in Feb and I didn't get invited. I know he did something because of posts on instagram with his other friends.

Maybe us loners should do something! Haha (*hug*) :lol:

7. confuseduser99

Can this loser join you losers in doing something?

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a big 21st birthday party at my church with a lot of church people and friends. It was kind of weird. My dad gave me a plaque with his prayer for me on it, and my pastor anointed me with holy oil.

9. robotman

Lol... I love this post and I totally agree, us loners need to unite! (*hug*).

Sure why not! We need to stick together!

10. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ordered pizza, lava cakes and drank mikes hard while sitting in my dorm room with my suitemates. The lava cakes and my suite mates were the best part of the night

11. Kabuki

Mine is coming in 5 days and I have no idea what to do. If I'm lucky enough I might go to the movies and see X-men, if not then I'll stay home and do nothing. Quite a miserable plan right.

12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was living with my parents, so we just went out for dinner as usual. I never cared much for parties, let alone drinking, which I only started last year.

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I didn't do anything, I don't really see the Birthday to be special to be honest

14. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My 21st birthday, I stayed home and hung out with my family. Besides that I had no friends to go out with so....I am not a drinker anyways so my birthday was full of non alcoholic beverages hahah.

15. confuseduser99

While I like the occasional drink night (like once every 3 months), I've never been the party type! Drinking with a couple of good friends is the best way to drink!

16. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    XMEN sounds pretty awesome if you ask me.....

17. Skyline

Pfft, I didn't do anything for mine and I never really do anything for any of my birthdays. My cousin got on my case for not drinking on my 21st birthday, but I just ignored her. It's my life, I'll do it like I please!

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wanted to have a birthday doing nothing but my mom told me she wants me to have a party with my family which I didn't want but was forced into it . >.< then on top of that she asked me what I wanted for my birthday I said a wii u and she told me your a woman you need to think about stuff better that women should like . :tantrum:

Guess I can't really enjoy my birthday all i want is a damn cake and to do nothing and maybe play a new game system but no I can't get that Life is a bitch even on birthdays :tantrum:

wanting to do nothing on your birthday is a great thing it's your birthday you should do what you want please enjoy it for me please looking from what you wrote you and I were born on the same day 21 and share the same month lol

#18 stocking, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  19. Higs

I think birthdays are abit overrated.. On my 21st I just went out and bought myself a music CD :grin:

20. Richie.

It's an over rated birthday IMO like any birthday. Just enjoy it however you see fit and don't feel pressure for it to be anything other than what it is another day