1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What stupid thing do you find embarrasing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pianokeysry91, May 21, 2014.

1. pianokeysry91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just a random question I think a lot of people can relate to! What would be the single most embarrassing thing that happens in everyday life to you that you shouldn't be embarrassed about but sucks the cool right outta ya anyway?!!?

Examples (and mine)

- Calling someone by the wrong name!!

- Those awkward moments when someone is waving towards you, but not at you, and you wave back :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

- when you trip over your own feet walking and have to play it off like it didn't happen!

2. Soaring

Yesterday I dropped a pencil in the hallway but I was too embarrassed to stop and pick it up so I just kept walking. There was even someone trying to tell me that I dropped it but I pretended I didn't hear. It was the only one I had with an eraser too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. garudamon11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That happened to me once, so embarrassing.

Today in university I was entering the toilet with a friend, while walking into the toilet we were talking about how my internet friend doesn't know that I'm gay yet. The conversation went like:
    Me: PS (his initials) doesn't know that I'm gay yet
    Him: What?! Are you serious?
    Me: yeah, he still doesn't know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    And guess who was going into the toilet, just behind us? My 99%-sure-he's-straight crush. I'm almost certain he overheard us, eventhough he did stare at me it didn't seem different from when he stares back at me when I'm contemplating how hot he is :icon_wink

4. awesomeness

When you and someone you know are walking towards each other in a long hallway, and you don't know at what point you should start greeting each other.

5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you run into a casual acquaintance who says hello, calls you by name, gets into a very lengthy and friendly conversation with you, asks about family members....and although you recognize their face, you have absolutely NO IDEA WHO THE HELL THEY ARE! So you try to hold down he conversation and pray you don't get caught....!

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seeing people change In front of you and talk about their sexual conquests.

7. thekillingmoon

I used to be embarrassed to buy pads at the supermarket. I'm a little better with it now, but I always feel like people are watching. And it's pretty stupid considering that I'm a woman and there is nothing odd about it. It just makes me uncomfortable that people would know I'm on my period.

8. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fact that I know how to treat women better than straight guys. It's not embarassing for me, but still.
    Also, there's been a lot of mentioning of gay poetry, music and all sorts of stuff during classes, and every time I'm struggling not to blush I mean, what if I'm caught, what if they see my face? So I start talking to people and criticizing whatever the subject is. Those moments are so dreadful!

Oh and also when I drop stuff on the floor by accident.

9. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I hugged an attractive friend of mine, got erection and she noticed.

10. garudamon11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lmao :roflmao:, I wonder what happened next

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Your answer reminds me of something I've done before. I was in a particular store, and noticed a young lady near the feminine hygiene products. I didn't think much of it, it's part of life. However I overheard her talking on the phone, about not wanting to buy tampons, and she was not comfortable with doing so. Feeling as if opportunity was knocking, I approached her and asked what the problem was. Naturally, she was a little surprised, but she opened up enough that I was informed, she usually had her mother buy her products, but her mother wasn't available (I assume this is who she was on the phone with). I told her, I'd buy them.

When I get to the check out lane, I'm putting up what I had come to buy first. Nothing out of the ordinary. I then place the tampons on the counter, and the cashier smiled and asked, "Another guy that has to buy his girlfriend's tampons?".

I respond with a simple, "Of course not. These are for me. My boyfriend lets me handle my business, like the independent woman I am."

Looking as I actually do, a rugged male, the cashier woman started cracking up, as did the young lady I was buying the tampons for. I bought the tampons and handed them to the young lady, when we got outside. She thanked and told me, more people should be as helpful and open as I was.

Now, that said, I suppose I should answer this question...

I've always been embarrassed when it comes to being volunteered for something, especially if it is something I feel I'm not equipped for. When I was frequenting a community college, I was once volunteered, by my class, to be a guest speaker at some event. I tend to stick to the sidelines, so anyone, especially a large group, to take note of that, and still propel me into something caught me off guard.

I can step up and do these things, but the initial reaction is generally embarrassment.

12. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Very much this...If I were more gregarious I'd call to them as soon as I knew who it was, but I hate drawing attention to myself and am bad with faces so I don't want to greet them too soon on the off chance it's the wrong person. Because I'm always seeing tons of people I don't know who look like people I do know...

Another one is when someone is walking slower than I want to walk on a sidewalk, but not slow enough to where I can walk past them without awkwardly speed-walking around them. So it's either walk up behind them and seem like a stalker or move at an unnaturally slow pace until you get enough distance to still potentially seem like a stalker.

Pretty sure I put more thought into that scenario than anyone involved actually

13. setnyx

going in a public toilet, it's such a private thing.

14. pianokeysry91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So great to hear all your responses! Since we all have these moments, and we all know we have them, I wonder why they still effect us?

15. timo

Oh, that's not that bad. One of my friends recently walked up to her boyfriend and hugged him from behind, except... the guy she hugged wasn't her boyfriend but some random stranger :lol:

EDIT:
    OH YES. This happens to me more often than I wish it did.

#15 timo, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  16. Silas

[​IMG]

Also that moment when you're crossing the street and a car pulls up the same time and you both stop and look at each other and dunno who's gonna go first, you or the car... super awkward! And with me the very second I decide ok lemme just cross that's when the car also decides to accelerate! :eusa_doh: Grrrrrrr

17. kem

kem

Mispronouncing a word, or using a wrong one. Other than that, I don't easily lose my 'cool'.

18. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    answering a question wrong. It's so stupid, since everybody makes mistakes, i just find it soooo embarrassing it's not even funny:bang:

19. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    She asked if i had a ruler (like maybe what she felt bending against her leg was a ruler), and me not knowing why she asked if i had a ruler said "no" then she looked at me awkardly like she realized what it was, and i then knew tha tshe knew and so i looked at her awkardly, and so she knew that i knew that she knew, more awkardness, so we had to awkardly say goodbye...

Ummm know im thinking... Maybe i should create a thread about awkard boners stories, so people can post about the swkard moment when they or someone they know had a boner.

20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I rarely get embarassed, but I recently went on a rant with a family member (not directed towards him mind you), encouraged by his feedback. Then I found out his friend was using his computer. And then he came in and saw it all. I'd say that was embarassing, even if I usually don't care what people think about me.