1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh boy...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Young Blood, May 22, 2014.

1. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I was planning on coming out to my little brother sometime soon (kinda planning to tonight), but then he told me that he's against homosexuality. It kinda upset me a little :frowning2: I mean I know he's younger and doesn't fully understand, but we are pretty close and I wanted to share this with him. Doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon now :frowning2:

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That sucks :frowning2: Maybe try again when he's older?

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well he's almost 14. I thought he would have been old enough now, but he's also a bit of a Jesus freak. *sigh* :frowning2:

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It's up to you to decide when and where to come out, if at all. However, there is a chance that someone who is against homosexuality, may actually have a change of heart and mind, when confronted with something so close to them as being such.

Of course, this is a risk. But I would like to think your brother, at worse, may be upset or a little irritated. I'd be surprised if he suddenly wanted to hurt you, since you mention being fairly close. It isn't as if you're admitting to him, you like fucking goats or you're the serial pisser on his stuffed animals.

5. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, even if your little brother can't accept homosexuality quite yet, if you show him that there is nothing with being gay, you can be a positive influence toward him and help him accept gay individuals. I don't know how old he is, but, give him time to express his opinion, but, just show him that there is nothing wrong with being gay.

6. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That sucks (*hug*) Hopefully it's just an immature perspective on his part, that he'll grow out of. Don't be afraid to assert your position on the issue a little when around him, doesn't have to be confrontational or anything, just that you support lgbt rights or something along those lines, when the opportunity allows. Maybe a little will rub off on him! :slight_smile:

7. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah interesting today. My eldest younger brother seems to like the gay word as a derogatory term

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Sorry to hear it. My brother is the same age, and he still uses words like "fags, lesbos, queers (negative way)" SIGH

9. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

A Jesus Freak doesn't make it when they are in high school, shouldn't be too long until he shrugs the homosexuality is unchristian mindset :3

10. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can love Jesus and love gays too or be gay/bi/lesbian/trans. I pray he will meet a Christian gay guy that will crush the stereotypes.

11. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I've thought about this, but I think he may become awkward and uncomfortable around me after and I don't want him to be like that :/

---------- Post added 22nd May 2014 at 06:26 PM ----------

I've told him there's nothing wrong with it. At the moment it doesn't seem to be working. There wasn't even a moment of hesitation after I had asked him. Maybe I'll keep trying and something will click maybe...

---------- Post added 22nd May 2014 at 06:28 PM ----------

This I know all too well...maybe it will. I don't know if I want him to lose his faith even though I have. I think it's the only thing holding him together. But hopefully his mindset might change and he'll see things differently...

---------- Post added 22nd May 2014 at 06:29 PM ----------

I hope so too! I told him that they teach you that Jesus loves everyone and he kind of just shrugged and didn't really say much. But I really hope this happens! :slight_smile:

#11 Young Blood, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  12. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You'd be surprised. A lot of people from my Christian school were in the closet, then came out after high school or college. I'm living proof.

---------- Post added 22nd May 2014 at 11:02 PM ----------

If you have 50 people in a youth group(even conservative), it's a good bet 2-3 of them are gay/bi/lesbian/trans. My youth group had 25-30 and two of us ended up not being straight.

13. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is awesome! Thanks for posting this :slight_smile: I really hope he does meet someone or maybe I could take him to an LGBT friendly parish and let him see that there's really nothing wrong with it.

14. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Almost every Christian in my family is a liberal democrat who supports marriage equality. Being Christian is really no excuse, because in the Bible it says that loving thy neighbor is literally tied for being the most important commandment. It doesn't say "unless your neighbor is gay".

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This. ^^^ And you can still be conservative and not be homophobic.

16. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I think you can be conservative and gay, but I personally don't understand conservative americans, as they literally think people like me deserve to die so they can save money on their taxes. Obamacare provides me with insulin that would otherwise cost $1000 dollars a month. I don't have a thousand dollars, and am still working on overcoming a severe mental disability. I once asked a very conservative forum their thoughts on this, and most of them said something along the line of my death, and the death of people like me being an acceptable collateral loss.

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, many conservatives like me believe in stronger competition and less of government dictating to doctors what they can and cannot do would help costs. A lot of non-profits are actually for profits, but the government ignores this and still doesn't make them pay taxes. I'm conservative overall but moderate on this issue.

18. Cass

First point to make is that the bible says very little about homosexuality and that it dosent say that homosexuals will go to hell.
    The other point I'll make is tha often times someone you are close I coming out changes your perspective. Sometimes not right away, but eventually. That could happen

---------- Post added 24th May 2014 at 09:13 AM ----------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This like 100X

19. Camerooon

At age 14 every guy I knew - religious or not - was homophobic. Even I was outwardly homophobic (to a lesser extent than them, though I still wish I wasn't) because I wanted to fit in. Two years later and hardly any of them were homophobic. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll come around.

20. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! I hope he does! Sucks that I have to wait though :/