1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time going to a gay bar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tyrael, May 23, 2014.

1. Tyrael

Ok first off I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing but I wanted to ask here. I've been invited out this weekend for a friends birthday and she said we are going to this nightclub which is a known gay bar. I've never been to it before and I know she's not gay so I guess maybe her friends are or they just like the place.

Anyway I'm curious, is there anything I should know or expect? I get the feeling I'll do/say something I shouldn't or I won't "get" something that I should. I'm not really sure what I'm worried about tbh...

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't worry about it. Especially if you are going with a mixed sex, mixed orientation group I can't see that there would be any sort of expectations to fall short of, nor do I see much potential that anyone would expect you to do anything you would feel uncomfortable with. Where I live a lot of straight people go to gay clubs just because they're more fun. Going the way you are going is quite possibly the least stressful way imaginable to go to a gay club for the first time--not only will you be with a mixed group, but it wasn't even your idea. Hope you have a great time!

3. photogSIL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some of my best bar experiences have been at a local gay bar. I always went with a girl (my best friend) and it was great. Nothing like you see on TV or the movies.

4. mangotree

The first time at a gay bar is often a bit of an eye opener. In a good, great, amazing way of course.
    Seeing guys kiss each other, seeing girls kiss each other, seeing drag queens / drag kings / drag shows, sometimes shirtless male bar staff, getting hit on by guys (try to let them down gently).

A lot of girls love gay bars because they don't get sleezed on by every drunk tom, dick and harry. They can go out and feel much less self conscious and have a much funner night than a lot of straight bars/clubs.

Go for it mate.

Peace be with you.

5. Tyrael

Thanks a lot for the replies, I feel a lot more confident about it now :slight_smile: looking forward to it!