1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you like in guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hawkeye, May 12, 2005.

1. hawkeye

Ok, this surprisingly has not come up on the forum yet. So, i guess a little more specificly, what's your ideal guy. I've always gone crazy for blond hair, shorter than me (thats easy, i'm 6'4"), slim but tone, and a light skin color. And i can barely control myself over stomachs, to the point that i am extremely ticklish there. And smells, I just love the smell of Axe.
    ok, what is it that turns you on?

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did a survey once for a health project and part of it was looking at what your ideal romantic match would be and it asked all these interesting questions and I got a really specific set of traits for my "perfect guy" out of it.

Basically, without getting too... uh... x-rated, he would be around 25, 5'8", a little bit muscular, Caucasian, and more dominant personality-wise than passive.

But ideals are nice dreams that usually have no basis in reality. The range of guys I'm attracted to is WAY more broad than that. And I don't have any kind of intense fetish, although I do like guys with big arms. *grin* And non-smoking is a must at this point. Vegetarian would be cool, too, and non-religious. And less butch rather than more, ideally.

3. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Hmm...I'm not uber picky, but here are the things I like.

He has to be around my age...prefereably same or above. He must be mature for his age. I like a man who can hold his own in a debate or conversation, even when coming under fire from others - confidence is a HUGE turn on. He needs to be out of the closet, and be comfortable with public signs of affection (holding hands, hugging, kissing, cuddling, etc). So, basically, self-confidence is my biggest thing.

Physically, I've always been into white guys (no offense to anyone). Not extremely tall or short. I don't have a preference for eye colour, hair colour, or anything that specific, although I don't like facial hair on most guys. Skinny is a real turn off for me - I like a bit of meet on my man. :thumbsup:

Physically, there has to be something there, but it isn't super important - if he is comfortable with himself, then that is good enough for me.

4. goratrix

Oh, well... I think the most important physical trait are the eyes... although I've given a description of my ideal guy.

As Aaron said, I like a man who can hold his own in a debate. Oh, yeah, and lateral thinking is a great thing too (creativity for solving problems in unorthodoxe(sp??) ways)

Oh yeah!! and the neck... for some reason necks drive me crazy... and specially when they wear those wooden neck things (not sure what to call them)

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought we were just talking physically. Personality-wise is always so much more complicted.

I like guys who are grounded, i.e. not high-strung, because I'm somewhat high-strung (go figure, yeah, like you're surprised to read that) and so they can balance me out a bit. And they have to be left-wing, and articulate, and very very intelligent, although if they're smarter than me that might be a problem. *grin*

And they have to be emotionally intelligent, not just brainiacs. In fact, I'd rather someone were wise than book-smart any day. To me, intelligence is not just about how well you deal with facts, it's also how well you deal with people.

And they have to be opinionated, and passionate about stuff, although not necessarily what I'm passionate about. And they have to want to make the world better, and to make themselves better. They should also acknowledge and accept their flaws.

Not really that much to ask for. :lol:

6. hawkeye

I dont think i have any idea what I'd look for in a personality, considering i haven't nessecarily met anybody with the idea of dating.

But, just a reletively new event, there's this kid in my school band who's a year younger than me. wow is he cute. At first i couldnt figure out what i liked so much about him, but I'm determined that it is his skin. I just love the color of it, it's not tan but somewhat red (he almost reminds me of how back in kindergarden we colored people pink for lack of a better color) and his skin has very even coloring, without many freckles. He's just so cute it's driving me crazy!
    and to add a little irony to everything, i have this one friend who is very comfortable(acts very sexual and gay). well i'm setting up my instrument today, and i got poked right in my butt with a drum stick, and i turned around expecting my friend, and i was face to face with my crush. He's so cute, too bad it was actualy my friend who poked me and then jumped to the side.

7. ok455

i want a Caucasian guy
    i want him to have black or blonde hair
    likes to have sex
    viewable jawline
    enjoys watching tv
    can handle my weridness
    don't mind displaying affection in public (like kissing holding hands)
    easy to talk too meaning that if we saw a roach we can talk about it
    likes to play around i hate serious guys

8. Micah

Well, I'm not too fussed, but I suppose there are a few traits which I have in mind for the 'ideal guy' including, but not limited to the following: :wink:

-Someone with a sense of maturity, but at the same time knows when to have fun and joke around.

-Someone who I can simply be myself around; accepts me for who I am.

-Medium length Blonde/light brown hair - such a turn on for me.

-Caucasian, Around my height (5"10), and is 'toned'.

-Do you know what REALLY turns me on though? Shaved armpits - man. Lol, I don't expect my ideal man to shave his, but I thought it was worth a mention.

9. cowboy_wannabe

i'm not too picky when it comes to guys, but a few traits that i look for would include...

..he's gotta be older than me. that's just one of my things, dont' really know why.
    ..he's gotta be taller than i am, i like to be held and have something to look up to.
    ..country boys get me going. that's just a personal preference. it goes down to being so delightfully hick. i just love everything about a farmer it isn't really funny.
    ..someeone who can have fun, just let loose and have a good time. overall, i'm a dominate personality but passive...elsewhere, if you get my drift? :wink:
    ..and lastly, i want some intelegence. i would love nothing more than to sit down and have a nice conversation about anything from foreign relations to last night's episode of alias. i guess that goes along with someone to talk to.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My pet theory is that this is generally the case, that people who are generally dominant in the rest of life are more, uh, passive in bed, and vice versa.

For me, I'm just so sick of always making the decisions and driving things in the rest of my life that sometimes I just want someone else to take the responsibility. (I was going to say "the reins" or "handle things" but I didn't want you guys to think I'm a perv. *grin*)

11. cowboy_wannabe

exactly!! i am totally with you on that one.

12. Matt

Matt Guest

Ain't that the truth. I love country boys...and yes, you've chosen the right words... "delighfully hick."

:grin:

13. chris224

got to be nice and really cute yes that sound shallow but oh well.

he has to be funny and has to have big self confidence

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, self-confidence is certainly a plus - as long as it doesn't extend to being big-headed. It comes back to personality again, which I think is far more important than appearance if you're thinking about a relationship rather than a quickie or lusting!

15. goratrix

confidence... yes... I think that's one of the reasons I'm attracted to AC. Oh, come on! I didn't mention him in a while!.. ok, I'll go away now.

16. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He has to have a good personality. I can't be with a arogant "hollier than thou" attitude. Great body, if possible. Hmmm, I love green eyes. I find I look more at brown heads, but blondes are hot to. Must be tall, seeing how I will be very tall myself.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well for me, my favourite thing are CHESTS. seeing models with muscular definied pecs and abs, or athletic or even slim guys. Cuz for me im kinda on the chubby side so i like guys who have slimmer chests than me...yup thats it, o and the eyes that look into your soul