1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosplay help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookDragon, May 24, 2014.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK you lot! I need help 'cause I suck at things like this.

Convention season is coming up and I want to cosplay.

I want to go as Doublas M2 from Robot Girls Z:

[​IMG]

ButI don't know where to start!

Anyone got experience with making costumes care to offer some tips?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First of all Pictures pictures are you best friends takes lots of different pictures
    two Find a fabric shop that is sells fabric for an affordable price of cheap. Two find fabrics that go well with your complexion as well as it being very close to the actually character . If your having trouble sewing in general look up youtube videos with sewing tips and yes there are ones that are geared towards cosplay on how to make your buttons and other stuff . Next don't forget your make up two learn to cut and style your own wigs never ever cut your wig in a straight line . Hope this helps sorry I put everything .

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shiitttt, I can't sew. I buy mine from ebay or other reputable costume makers.

But a kerotan hat and gloves shouldn't be hard to find.

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on whether or not you want to make it yourself or buy one. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, then I'd recommend trying to make/sew it yourself. If you're not good with wig styling, try and get one that requires little to no styling. The last thing you want to do is mess up a wig, it's a mistake you can't reverse.

As for the outfit itself, thrift shops will be your best friends. Keep your eyes peeled for anything that looks similar. If you see something that fits and only requires a few modifications, get it. If you're sewing anything from scratch, take something from your own closet, fold it inside-out, and copy from that. As for the puppets, you can probably just copy how they look from any other puppet you see, and then glue on the details.

I'm not horribly experienced in terms of making cosplays, I've only made two on my own. But I can do my best to answer specific questions. Good luck!