1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad doctors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, May 24, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok I have this friend who has been going to the doctor for a few months now and they assume the worst things about him. He has these problems that need medical attention and the doctors just assume he is lying about his problems and using them as a excuse for attention.

He has nerve damage in his hands and it is painful for him in cold weather. He told the doctor this time and again. He told the doctor he had a slight case of OCD which made the doctor assume he is crazy and a attention seeking person who needs mental help. Another problem is it is a different doctor every time which makes it hard to get anything across with them and after his last appt. they made him a appt. with a shrink.

I know my friend very well and know he is not doing this because of mental illness or anything else. We go the same clinic and live fifteen miles away there so why would me or my friend waste all that gas just to get attention. To make matters worse he told the doctor he drinks now and than so of course they assume he also a alcoholic. The other time we were there they told him his problems are small problems and he does not need to be there. My friend just noticed this while reading his medical papers the doctor gives him and we are ticked about it.

2. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I have horror stories about some of my psychiatrists. I literally had one tell me that my dad didn't really abuse me, and that it was part of my psychosis. Talk about invalidating. Then there was a doctor who wouldn't renew my scripts for benzodiazapenes, and later finding out from other doctors that she didn't believe my symptoms where as bad as I said they were, and that they thought I was a compulsive lier. The thing is, when you think that about a patient, you aren't supposed to go over six months and not diagnose or tell them about it, and to not say anything is a breech of ethics. About a dozen doctors would charge about 300-400 dollars for intake, and then tell me that my case was too complicated, or they had no experience treating the disorder I had and to try someone else. But eventually I found a good doctor, and your friend will too, but he just needs to keep trying.