1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Gay Guys Non-Existent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, May 24, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

Is it just me or are gay guys REALLY hard to find. I'm at a themepark right now, and I'm looking around seeing all these cute guys, but most of them have girlfriends.

It seems next to impossible to find someone...

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    either their hard to find or most of them are all hiding some those men might be bisexual with girlfriends too

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's not like they are going to stand out unless they are already WITH another guy, and that doesn't help you either...

4. confuseduser99

How do you tell if they're gay though? I know this is really bad, but I automatically assume all gays are straight unless they have some gay stereotype.

5. Camerooon

Of course they exist, I think it's just hard to find gay guys in public spaces like that where you can actually tell they are gay. Last night I was at a party and there was a cute guy there... But I couldn't tell at all if he was gay or straight. I think it's even worse when it's like that; where you can't tell.

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

If you want to meet more gay people, there are two options. You could either go to a dating website, or you could try to go to places gay people are more likely to hang out in. Most bookstores have a gay section, atleast if they're good bookstores. If you see a guy looking through the shelves there, there's a more than decent chance he's in to guys. You could try looking up gay bars, even if you don't meet anyone when you go that you want to be in a relationship with, you might meet someone to be friends with who can introduce you. But if your not much for partying, then a gay bar might not be your best bet. You could also look to see if their are any gay organizations where you live and go to meetings there.

7. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do you live near a big city? When I go, I see guys who are likely gay every other minute, it seems.

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Friends and sisters exist, too. I'm constantly assumed to be dating a girl I do stuff with all the time, despite the fact that I'm gay and she has a girlfriend. Don't make an assumption without having any evidence, otherwise you might be disappointed by the lack of (remember that bi and pan guys exist, too) gay guys around. Stop assuming that they're anything at all, no matter their behaviour.

If you really want to get with gay guys, go to a gay bar or a club or really anything queer-based which you'll meet people (not just for dating/sex; that's what dating/hook-up sites are for). There are plenty available if you only look.

9. confuseduser99

I sure do, but I live in the suburbs.

10. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it really just depends where you are. I said it in another thread--and it wasn't helpful there either:badgrin:: where I live you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a gay guy.:roflmao: Anyway, stop assuming they are straight and you might find more of them.

11. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Only about 5% of the population is gay. And not all gay guys are "obvious". Even if you do fine a gay guy who's open about it. It's hard to tell who's gay just by looking around. Unless you hear their flamboyant voice, then you won't have much luck... That's just the way I see it.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I know when I see a flamboyant gay guy bc they will wear tight skinny shorts or they'll wear those slippers and um they might also be wearing a yarn jacket or there skinny jeans will be different colors. That's how I see it and actually in recent discovery they've noticed that actually 10% of the world population is gay.

13. confuseduser99

So what do y'all do? How do you find someone? Someone said to go to a gay bar or a gay organization, but I'm not comfortable doing this. Is it possible to find a gay guy in public, and have a relationship with them (obviously if y'all are comparable)?

Also, do some gay guys just flirt with all hot guys, regardless if they think they're gay or straight?

14. kenm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gay guys (call it is a stereotype or not) are more likely to have a girl as a friend. So you never know if they are couples or not. Plus if you do something that attracts couples then it's to be expected seeing them everywhere. Despite there being a lot of gay couples out there, I find it's less likely they will be openly walking around holding hands etc. too.

So all-in all less visible when looking around. Which is difficult, not only is being gay a monitory but along with that there's the added problem of who is gay and how to ask them.

It's a pain, but maybe more worth it one day when someone does come along... :slight_smile:

15. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are you unable to get to the city?

16. confuseduser99

I mean, I'm able to, but why does being in the city make such a big difference?

---------- Post added 24th May 2014 at 09:41 PM ----------

Yeah, this makes it so difficult to tell. Ugh. Some of the guys I saw looked kind of flamboyant, but they were with a girl, or with a group of guys. I just can't tell.

17. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, I don't know which city you live near, and it's not really important, but say you live near Toronto. I'm sure there are tons of people out walking around in the tourist areas and parks whenever the weather's good. More people means more gay people. Lots of gay people seem to move to big cities anyways...so, unless I misunderstood your original post, you're looking for more gay people. As I said already, more people = more gay people, simple as that. You will see them out in public, and it will be evident that some are gay.

#17 GreenMan, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  18. C P

C P

Not exactly non-existent, but might as well say they are. The few you may somehow stumble on around here are too obsessed with how you look to care about making a new (gay) friend otherwise.

I seriously doubt it, unless they somehow feel that you are as well, like if they think they caught you looking or something.

Guys, as a general thing, whether they are straight or extremely closeted, don't seem to take well to something like that from another guy. There's a reason why it appears more acceptable for women to call other women pretty or beautiful, while guys, unless it is a playful thing with their guy friends, don't (usually) acknowledge that another guy is good looking, cute, etc. Why most can't seem to just take it as flattering(so long as it is just left as a compliment) is beyond me. They act as if another guy simply saying they're, say, cute is going to tear a rift in space and time and suck them into a black hole.

I'm not sure how it is up your way but I know that, even if I were out, I wouldn't compliment a guy (stranger) like that here unless I somehow knew it would be okay to do so. You just never know how someone will react.

It would be nice if what you suggest were a reality though, but unfortunately there still seems to be a ridiculous idea that if a gay guy flirts with you, he thinks you're gay(when, as I said with women, it could just be because he thinks you look nice). And, to go along with that, enough people still see being gay as a bad enough thing that, in their eyes, it's offensive should they think that is the case(that they think you feel they are).

19. confuseduser99

This is all so true, and SOOOO DEPRESSING! Why can't we just find people already and be open about it. Stupid society. Ugh. I'm just so annoyed right now reading this because it's SOOOO TRUEEEEE. I feel like I'm never going to meet Mr. Perfect, or even just Mr. 1st date!

20. LaurieAnderson

they can definitely seem non-existent at times living in heteroland. I don't think straight people can fully understand that