1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I guess I'm not femme enough then I'm too femme for my mom

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, May 27, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well we were cooking today and I was cutting the peppers , when I put them in the pot my mom did not like the way I did then told me you need to be dainty how are you gonna get a husband when you put your food in so rough . I got mad and said I don't want a husband .
    Now she's telling my dad How I'm so manish and act like a man and she's worried about me because I'm acting manish . Usually from other people they would say I eat dainty and act very dainty then my mom laughs and tells them sooner or later a man will fuck her and stop all that . I even get made fun of for liking the color pink . So I'm too girly then now I'm too manly >.< It's like I can't be myself and I don't care how I act why can't I just be me why must there be so many damn gender roles on how I should act So what if I put some peppers in the pot unlady like ! So I guess because of that I'm gonna be alone . Some times I just want to tell her I'm a lesbian so she can just shut the F up :tantrum:

2. Jason29

You can only be yourself dont try to conform to what other people think you should be. Ive been doing that all my life it only makes you miserable. In the long unless you want to be a professional chief who is going to care how you cook food. Just be yourself.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm so sorry. That sounds horrible! Your mom definitely has some issues. I feel the same way. My mom always talks about when I marry "my husband" and I also want to say I'm a lesbian. But you have to realize that coming out in anger is not a good way to come out. And forget about gender roles, be yourself:slight_smile:

4. BelleFromHell

Something similar happened to me. I was helping my mom move furniture. When I was having trouble, she said, "What's wrong with you? You're a lesbian! You're not supposed to be wimpy!!"

Another thing happened when I was talking to her about my weight. She said, "You're a lesbian, so it doesn't matter if you're fat." I told her to shut the hell up and I almost got grounded. I became borderline anorexic after that.

I hate not having/knowing how to apply/being able to wear makeup. I wish I was more feminine, but at the same time, I don't want to be viewed as an airhead or sexual object. I still want to taken seriously, but I don't want to be the "ugly dyke" straight girls trash-talk about, either... :frowning2:

#4 BelleFromHell, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  5. Deadellaastra

My dad's girlfriend always get pissed when I wear guys clothes because "you're not a boy." And I just get mad because I never implied that I was. ANd she always complains about how I "think I'm a boy" and I "need friends that are girls so I will learn how to act like one". But then it's like, I did the whole girly thing and I was miserable. And my dad accepts me liking girls. But my dad's girlfriend just ignores it and says when I figure out that I'm not a boy that I'll be fixed.
    What I'm saying is I still ignore her. You can't let your parents get to you, because even if there are people putting you down, there are so many more who will support you.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Gender roles need to die in a fire

7. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes please.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I second this

9. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Especially when they're being used as a weapon, as in this case. [​IMG]

I'm so sorry, stocking. (*hug*)

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for your hug AudreyB (*hug*)

11. Lipstick Leuger

Your Mother is one screwed up person. Don't internalize her issues.

12. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, that's gotta hurt! ><

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    very screwed up I'll try not to , I hated that she kept telling my dad she acts like a man made me so mad .

---------- Post added 27th May 2014 at 04:34 PM ----------

it did :icon_sad:

14. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stocking, as a former Chef, lots of folks like chunky vegs in recipes and as a man, i don't care if the peppers are big, i can cut them to the size i want LOL. sorry your mom is riding you so hard, while not quite the same way i do know what it's like to be wrong in someones eyes no matter what way you turn. be strong m'lady.(*hug*)

15. TheStormInside

You obviously know your mom best, but it sounds like she might just be overly critical of everything, considering how inconsistent she's being. My dad is like that, no matter what something is wrong with the way I'm going about something. Now that I don't live with my parents anymore it's a lot easier to ignore his remarks, as I only see him for short periods of time. If you're still living with her I can imagine it's pretty difficult, though.

16. Techno Kid

Let them burn!! (!)