1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Babies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HuskyPup, May 27, 2014.

?

What's your take on babies?

1. I do not like babies, and do not want any.

41 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. I am indifferent to babies.

13 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. I love and adore babies, and plan to have one/some.

35 vote(s)
    30.7%
  4. They're alright, but not for me to have.

25 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I'll be honest: I don't like babies! They scare me. They're noisy, messy, and it's impossible to have a good conversation with them. Now I know I was a baby once, or so I'm told, and some people actually like babies...but one really good thing about being gay, is that me and my mate have never had to worry about having a baby. Which is a huge relief.

So where do you stand on babies? Do you plan to have babies or currently have babies?

(My definition of baby: Ages 4 and under)

2. Hexagon

So damn annoying. And there are WAY too many of them.

3. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

I can't stand them!

And no: I will make sure that I will never be responsible for one being created.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had three of them, years ago. Smell comes to mind, they smell all wonderful at the beginning (probably an evolutionary thing to keep us from eating them - that and their cute little faces) but, like that new-car smell...it fades, or gets replaced by other noxious fumes...

It's a been-there-done-that kind of thing, one I do not wish to repeat, except for the finite pleasure (I am told) of grandchildren...

5. Yosia

I love them and want two daughters and I want my brother to have a son ^.^

6. finlandwrc

I don't mind them although I wouldn't have any of my own

7. Weekender

Unless they're smiling, babies freak me out. They just have these blank, yet knowing, stares. Like they're peering into your soul.

Once they start talking and understanding conversation, they're better.

I once joked to my friends that any child of mine will have to be able to hold a coherent interview with Barbara Walters by the time they're one year old. I didn't tell them I was only half-kidding. :wink:

But yes, I plan on adopting a baby once I find a girl to marry. (So probably never, eh?)

8. Sal

Sal Guest

While i'm not overly fond of children, i absolutely adore babies and toddlers. Their messes don't bother me, they're good listeners, they'll like whatever you like because you're you and you feed them, and they entertain me. If i go to someone's house and they're stuck babysitting i'll end up spending more time with the kid than i do them.

And they're like sponges! I could spend a day just watching an anime with them and they start picking up words and phrases. It's fun to see how much you can get them to learn before unleashing them onto their parents.

9. justjade

I think they're adorable! :grin:

Until you're charged with the task of raising one, that is. :dry: I do not want babies. They're mean, and they smell funny.

10. BelleFromHell

I don't like babies, or any child under the age of 8, really. There's no way in HELL I'm having children... EVER.
    It would be almost asking for lesbian bed death.

I hardly have any maternal insticts, and the few I do have can be satisfied with a goldfish.
    [​IMG]
    They're cute, easy to take care of, and won't interfere with my (future) sex-life. :icon_bigg

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, everyone, for some mixed and funny replies. :slight_smile:

I was thinking: Other species have cuter babies. Puppies and kittens seem SO much cuter. They may also be messy, but seem much more adorable to me, for some reason.

12. kem

kem

I want to out-adopt Brad and Angelina.
    That said, I don't particularly love babies.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like them, generally speaking. I'm glad other people are having them, though SOME people shouldn't be having them. As for sharing their joy, I can't say that I do.

I've heard some 3 and 4 year olds say cute or clever things, but that's usually the precocious ones. Before that age, they smell, I'm afraid they'll fall and get hurt, they cry too much, they require toys strewn everywhere, they're sloppy eaters, and they're just plain not interesting.

I knew very early on that I never wanted offspring. I have never related offspring as a measure of masculinity the way some guys do, and even beat their chests about it. It's not as if it's particularly difficult to make a child. In fact, it's frighteningly too easy.

14. Nick07

I wonder why threads like these make me so uncomfortable. Probably because I know that if I started a thread about how I hate/can't stand gays because they are this or that it wouldn't go well. I am surprised that this is acceptable.

So, yeah, I don't hate babies...

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Babies are so cute , I like when they look at you with their cute little eyes and when they try to talk it's so cute:icon_redf . I don't think I want babies though I don't know if I want them :confused:

16. BelleFromHell

Agreed. They're WAY cuter.
    [​IMG]

17. Ohhai

I don't like babies. They annoy me.

But when I had my own... He was AWESOME! He still is awesome, but he's not a baby anymore. Own babies are cute and nice, even when they stink. Other people's baby's; not so.

18. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ehh... let's just say I have yet to be won over by them. They're very inconvenient and despite lots of people saying they're cute, I could take it or leave it. I certainly don't have any plans for having one myself.

19. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Babies literally stink.

Some babies are really cute, others are pretty ugly - it varies. They are all annoying as hell though. I think it's a little mean though to call a baby ugly, even if they are.. that's someone's child, and I feel bad for even thinking it. Apparently there are ugly baby contests - how awful is that?!

Puppies and kittens are a lot cuter, but I can't stand most dogs and cats, but more so the latter - I really don't like cats at all. I can only tolerate my own dog - other people's dogs annoy the hell out of me.

#19 imnotreallysure, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  20. Sarcastic Luck

Or, you know. Having babies is a choice while being gay isn't. Pretty big difference.

That being said, I don't like babies. I quite honestly can't see what's supposed to be cute about them. I also don't find baby great apes cute, either.