1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weddings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steele, May 27, 2014.

?

Would you want a ceremony with your friends/family present or not?

1. Yes, I'd want a big ceremony with friends/family present

34.8%
  2. Indifferent

10.1%
  3. No, I don't want to make a big deal out of it

34.8%
  4. Not sure

20.3%
  1. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If/when you get married, would you want a big ceremony with all of your friends/family present?

Speaking for myself, and I apologize if I come off sounding strong, I just hate the idea of having a big ceremony with everyone I know present. I feel like love is something so private and so personal, so I don't understand why I should flaunt it in front of all my friends/family. And the fact that, in my case, it would be with another guy just makes it worse. I know it shouldn't be that way, but regardless of whether it should be that way or not, the fact remains that being gay in this day and age isn't exactly conventional, so for me it just adds to the awkwardness. Not to mention how stupidly expensive and stressful weddings are.

So, yeah, I'd much rather just sign some documents and move on with my life.

But, hey, if someone else feels differently and is comfortable having a ceremony like that with all their friends and family present, more power to them. But since I have such strong, negative feelings regarding weddings, I was curious to see what everyone else's thoughts about weddings were.

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want a small ceremony especially if I end up marrying a man. I am thrifty in general, so my future spouse will have to accept that or we aren't going to make it. :slight_smile:

3. AlamoCity

I want a ceremony but don't care if it's simple or relatively formal (though an extravagant wedding is not something I'd want).

Still, I want something that has a semblance of the traditional elements of a wedding.

4. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We will be eloping while on vacation somewhere. Not sure when exactly but probably next year sometime.

5. juliegt6

I'd like to keep it small. I'd consider eloping if my partner would be up for it.

6. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Id keep it small. I already have a small family. something simple

7. BelleFromHell

I want to have a big wedding (well, somewhat big. I don't want people to think I'm cheap and unclassy because I'm a lesbian), but I only want a select few to be there.

Half of my family members are asshats, so inviting them would be a definite no-no,

8. stillhidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I ever get married, I'd just want a small ceremony somewhere. I'd prefer if my intermediate family and friends were there (at least my really close friends). I wouldn't want a big wedding at all. I'm not really sure if my parents would attend my wedding though...

9. Munyal

I don't want a huge wedding, but I wouldn't be against a medium size or smaller one.

10. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Trust me I had mine a few weeks ago, you want a small yet big wedding. It can get crazy. Oh and cake lots of cake. And just remember that you will say hello, thanks for coming, and over there is the food a lot

11. PurpleGrey

I want my best friends to be there, definitely, but other than that, no idea. I will probably like planning the event more than the event itself, though. I'm like that.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well personally I don't wanna get married but if I did I would want a small wedding.

13. confuseduser99

Ditto!

14. BabbyDyke

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd prefer to have a really small wedding (about 10 people tops) and then maybe a larger reception later on. Although that will never happen because both sides ofmy family are big, loud and very willing to gatecrash.

15. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I want a small wedding. Close friends and family. Besides all the traditional stuff (flowers, cake, etc) what I want most of all is my mom to walk me down the aisle and to have a mother/daughter dance. Probably won't happen but I can dream.

16. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I am inbetween to be honest.
    - I am not big on public displays of affection so "kissing the bride", reading vows and dancing together in front of all my family and friends and my future wife's family and friends would probably make me uncomfortable being so "vulnerable". However, if the woman I am with wants a big ceremony she will get it. It's all about her. Haha, I can't wait to meet the woman of my dreams and marry her. c: I just wonder if I already know her, it's wierd to think about...

17. Ridiculous

I've never been to a wedding so I'm not really sure since I don't have anything to compare it to. I've never seen myself getting married though.

18. Weekender

I went to my 2nd cousin's wedding a few years ago. It was pretty huge -- I loved the experience and how happy everyone seemed to be. It was really just a moment to celebrate love, and I think it's wonderful to share that celebration with as many people as possible. There will be opportunities to share more private moments down the road. After all, there is the honeymoon to look forward to. :wink:

Of course, if my future wife wants a smaller ceremony, I'm down for that too. I think that, when the moment actually arrives for me to start planning a wedding and all that jazz, I'll be a lot more focused on just being happy rather than on how many people we should invite.

19. Hexagon

I hate weddings.

20. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly I think a small ceremony would be my preference. But...if the guy of my dreams insists on a wedding that fills a big cathedral, I'd probably give in...