1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About yourself?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lukas17, May 28, 2014.

1. Lukas17

What do you think about yourself, do you fit in the place where you live and how do you feel about everything around yourself? :grin:
    I didn't like the place where I live but that was before, now I'm really comfortable here and I can say I'm happy with almost everything.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's just say I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few transgender people in my general vicinity.

But I love the state of Massachusetts as a whole.

3. Santana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since in this country are just a few hundred gay people... I think I don't fit in here. That's also the reason why I don't come out - most of people here are just so homophobic... I'm willing to go to US as I graduate high school, but there's gonna be a lot of problems - visas and stuff... Anyway, I think, in America is a lot better enviroment for gay people than Latvia.

4. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know...
    I'm not out yet but from what I've seen its a Good place if you are LGBT overall. But I'd love to move somewhere new and start over.

5. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

I think I fit in pretty well with the Catalan lifestyle as I've lived here since I was 18 months old so I am practically Catalan, in fact I often call myself Anglo-Catalan :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But, despite me being pretty well liked, I don't feel like I fit in at my college whatsoever. It's a fee paying college that attracts a lot of snobish pretentious individuals who look down on minority groups including the LGBT community. My political views are completely different to my college's as well as they're very right wing and I'm very, very left wing.

But apart from that, t'is all fine.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Considering I'm from a city that is just plain weird overall, I think I fit into the scene nicely :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm well-liked and pretty countable to talk with them and stuff. When I first came to my Univ, I thought I didn't fit in at all as I would always sit in my dorm and twiddle my thumbs but then I got settled in and found my niche. I still act like I'm the 'hot' shit around everyone but in my time to myself I find out it is quite possibly the farthest thing from the truth and I don't like that I act that way and there are a few things I don't like about my behavior and I constantly try to change my behavior to better fit my true personality instead of this 'tough' guy attitude I try to portray around campus/people.

7. tulipinacup

I appreciate the people's kindness and their overall attitude but I feel like I still don't belong do to how homophobic some people here are. Pretty much people here listen to country which is another reason why I need to move out.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really do like and respect Michigan where I live because the people are hard-working. However, there is definitely a perception that homosexuals are weak and effiminate despite being such a liberal area. The liberal mindset around here is more geared towards unions/labor etc. rather than being progressive about gay rights. That said, lots of people do help each other during the cold winters to literally survive. Minus a couple "cool cities", it is not an LGBT friendly place.

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel out of place. I know my school tries to teach kids how to tolerate, but I feel like many of my peers are just too dumb to understand the true message. Just today, I was starting to get into an argument with someone because he was talking about how being gay is a choice and stuff. (He made fun of my friend for being transgendered, I do consider him a homophobe).

Then again, all my actual friends are LGBT friendly. Most of them are straight too. I guess... all I really need is my friends to make it by where I live. It's not so bad or anything. But there are homophobes at my school, and they aren't afraid to show their true hatred.

10. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know, this has really been a thing for me lately.

I hate living here but the main reason is the weather and all the things I'm allergic to. However, since realizing I'm trans I've been looking into things locally I never did before and I seem to be in a very LGBT friendly part of Florida. I'm still shocked by it because I had no idea.

So I'm at an odd place where I would love to live anywhere else for some of my comfort and health, but on the other hand I'm in a great place for other aspects of my comfort and health. I'm not out at all yet but I know when I am, there are many accepting people and places right here.

11. animequeen567

I think I fit in pretty well where I'm at now. I know a lot of lgbt people nearby me. Plus there's 2 same sex couples that are regulars at my Taco Bell. I feel decent about myself. It wasn't until I moved away from my family that I started to feel better about myself.

12. juliegt6

I actually like where I live in West Michigan. I work for one of the most outwardly conservative private businesses in the country, but I actually kind of fit in with the group I work for there (the engineering team of misfit software engineers and lan administrators).

Things could be better, things could be worse, but I'm happy.

#12 juliegt6, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  13. crazyjade

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me i was in my comportable state, my family and friends knows it, even when i was at my childhood stage, aside from they accept me because i had a sister who are a lesbian, and still there are 2 boys who continue our names in next generation

14. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're brave. Most of the Dutch over there are homophobic and cheap.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I give a great appearance of (sort of) fitting in, but even so I'm markedly different and nothing involving other people ever comes naturally. At least outside of the internet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the exact opposite of what is expected around here (obviously the girl thing, hooking up, taking drugs and getting drunk every day and liking soccer/football), but over the years I grew tired of caring. Now I just want to be done here and move to a new place.

17. Fluffy penguins

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The gay population in my town is like 0, and the ones that are, are women, so I don't really have anyone to talk to, so I don't think I fit in to well

18. TheStormInside

I live in Rhode Island, I think I fit in here as well as I'd be able to anywhere, so for me that's a pretty decent fit. I'm introverted and awkward, but people here are pretty open to general oddballness, LGBT, and whatever else, so it's great. We also have a pretty large artist community. There have been times when I've thought about moving somewhere smaller and quieter, but right now, as I'm finally allowing myself to confront my sexuality, I feel really fortunate that I've decided to stay in this town. A more rural area may be less accepting. I was pretty happy when I noticed not just one but two lesbian couples in the local bakery the other morning, it just helps confirm that despite everything else I've found myself in a great locale to come out in.

#18 TheStormInside, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  19. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was born and raised in Saginaw to an Ojibwe father and Danish mother. And the Ojibwe are quite accepting of all peoples, including the LGBT community. So I must've gotten lucky there, but many of us are progressive in both economic and social ideas. :icon_bigg

20. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have real opinion of myself. I don't feel I really fit in anywhere hence why I have no real friends. My sole purpose is to make sure my children have a good and happy life. My desires and attempts to fit in are irrelevant.

Granted, I do like to have a little fun when I can, but generally I don't really have time as being a single parent to children with medical problems and autism, means any attempt in my life to try and fit in anywhere are futile.

I don't care though. If my boys are happy, I'm happy.

Happy days :slight_smile: