1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone pressing me for answers about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dblockdavis, May 28, 2014.

1. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So i know this guy. he is pretty cute. I dont know if he is straight or whatever. He constantly presses me for answers about my sexuality, and i have caught him checking me out. I know he likes fishing and sports. He will say stuff like "are you trying to turn on the girls or the boys" and he called me pretty boy. He also says stuff like "you like video games? Game starts with GAY" and he will say stuff like that. He keeps saying little things to me that could be interpreted as trying to descern what my sexuality is. Why would he be doing this? is he just trying to take the piss, or is he interested in me?

2. mangotree

He probably has suspicions about you and is trying to make you understand that he's fine with it.
    It's hard to say if he's fine with it because he's gay/bi/questioning himself or if he's just being nice and supportive.
    Maybe ask him if he wants to go fishing or something and see if he opens up about himself a bit more. Getting to know him better should bring you some more solid answers.
    Either that, or (if you're up for it) come out to him and see what he does/says.

Peace be with you.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He hangs out with you, right? So, then, he must like you enough. Do you like hanging out with him and is it mostly a good time? If so, continue to hang out with him. However, is his questioning snide or derisive, such as the way he says "pretty boy" to you or makes his other comments? If so, you need to give this some thought.

What I've found is the approach that he uses, and I've seen people use it, is never attached to anyone I'd want to know. Sorry. They're working at it with deceit and entrapment. They're not saying "Yeah, I know gay and bi people, and I'm cool with that" in a calm and collected sort of way. That approach is better. However, his approach could be a function of his maturity, or lack of, or his own insecurities.

If this is a prying type of dude, then keep your cards closer to you until you see how HE is wired. All these comments bring up so many situations for me where people pried, the most annoying of which was a dental hygienist who came from South Florida and, upon learning I'd be going to Lauderdale on vacation, had to add the taunting "So, will you be going to Keeeeyyyyy Weeeeeesssssssstttttttttt?" I thought this was really off base for having gone in 4 times and I was essentially just thinking "Shut up and clean my teeth, bitch." That is the kind of person and situation where I don't think honesty is entitled. For nosy types, their getting the information is more about a feather in their cap than it is of any use. It's 2014, and there are a lot of people who are still handling the dance around this information incorrectly.

Let us know what you think.

4. Aaron82

Aaron82 Guest

You should talk to himalone. I think he's interesting with you.

5. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I rarely hang out with him, and he is very snide, derisive, and sarcastic. he is also very religious and has a girlfriend. i once heard him say that god hates gay people.

#5 dblockdavis, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd turn the tables and ask him why he is so interested in all things gay. Has he something to hide?

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds more negative than I initially thought. It also points to his having some issues, though I can't be sure.

---------- Post added 29th May 2014 at 11:45 AM ----------

What I was thinking, based on the latest information.

8. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well like i said i know he has a hot girlfriend. If people tell me i am ugly, am i?

9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Not at all. People who insult others are doing so just to make themselves feel better about their own insecurities. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and beautiful/ugly are subjective terms, subjective to the people using them.