1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face Blindness/Memory

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IG88, May 31, 2014.

?

Have you ever had trouble recognizing faces of the...?

1. Same gender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Opposite gender

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Both genders

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. Neither genders

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IG88

You've heard of face blindness, right? A condition where you have to rely on a person's clothing or frame or voice to identify them because you can't make out their face.

So, this poll isn't for that extreme condition, but is rather for those of us who have trouble remembering certain faces...and they might tend to be difficult at times to distinguish faces of the same gender, or opposite gender.

Sometimes I feel like I have a little bit of this for the opposite gender. Maybe it's because they wear makeup all of the time. If this has ever happened to you, then go ahead and mark that particular box.

2. Dactyl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Never had this problem. It sounds really frustrating, and interesting, though.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have this problem, equally, with both genders. It even frustrated me enough one day that I decided to write a thread on here asking if anyone else experienced it. To my surprise, a few people actually did respond.

No differentiation with genders on my part, though. I did however fail to recognize whether or not an individual in a store was a professor whose lectures I had attended for four months, though (in that particular thread). Among constant other instances, of course.

4. AlamoCity

I am horrible with names. That said, when it comes to faces, I'm more likely to remember a guy's face than a female one. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I'm gay? :lol:.

5. itsonlyrelative

6. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That's generally a label reserved for people that have trouble distinguishing between any facial features, if I recall correctly.

This is more along the lines of general to moderate difficulty, I believe.

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People with mild cases of prosopagnosia can just have trouble remembering faces, though that would have to be pretty severe (like not recognizing people you've known for a long time). Still, I would guess the vast majority of people here do not have prosopagnosia.

8. Nikky DoUrden

Part of my bad memory, I do have trouble remembering things like that.

I can barley remember how my crush looked in highschool, I only have his up-to-date picture but still I know he looked slightly different (obviously, 'cos he was younger).

9. IG88

If it is considered prosopagnosia then it would be a mild form of it. I'm not talking about severe face blindness, just difficulty when you see someone in public for example and can't remember if you actually know them. Their facial features look like someone else you know, or maybe it is them!

I'm going to post to your other thread Browncoat. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a bad memory of faces. I would love it if I could remember faces to the names...it's not like I don't care to memorize them, it just happens (especially with people I rarely hang out with).