1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your dream job?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ditz, May 31, 2014.

1. Ditz

I often wonder how many people actually follow their dreams in a chosen career path and if they do, whether it is everything they hoped it would be?

I took a leap of faith and persued my dream after I finished school. Was supposed to study medicine, but at the same time I applied for film school, got accepted at both and to my parents horror decided to persue my real dream. My dad didn't speak to me for 3 months!

Of course, the film industry is a tough nut to crack but I'm doing ok with it and enjoy my projects that I'm working on. I have my own production company and there's times where I'm extremely busy and other times where we are not so it's by no means a walk in the park. At least I'm doing something that I love doing!

How about you, what's your dream accrreer and are you following it?

2. Gallatin

Very early retirement :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sadly, I haven't won the lottery yet, so that's not happening!

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am on the verge of doing what I want. You see, I originally left school and went into freight forwarding. (I kind if fell into it really). However, whilst working and having kids I also did my physics degree in my spare time. On the back of that I then went to uni and did diagnostic radiography (which I love doing). I finish this second degree in a couple of weeks and have a job lined up where I trained.

So am now about yo do the job I wanted. I always wanted to work in so hospital and radiography is very diverse and exciting field. To me this job is good as I get to use my brain and be on my feet at the same time (best of both worlds). It's taken 10 years of hard study to reach this point, but sometimes you have to work for your dreams.

Happy days :slight_smile:

4. Ditz

That's awesome!!!

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to fashion consultant but I won't follow up on that

6. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every credit! Congratulations!!!

7. black-cat

I'd like to be a Prosthetist for a military rehabilitation center. Incredibly dorky, I know, but I can't think of anything better for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Ditz

Nothing dorky about that! If that's a passion then it's something you have to pursue!!! :thumbsup:

9. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

I'd love to be a volcanologist but that is highly unlikely as the demand for them is so low :frowning2:

10. finlandwrc

I'd love to be a motorsport journalist I do have my own motorsport website so I'm part way there

11. Aaron82

Aaron82 Guest

As you can see in my avatar. I would like to be an airline pilot:grin: The best office with the best view on planet:grin:

12. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm working on becoming a psychiatrist, but honestly my true calling is as an artist. I plan on becoming a full time artist later in life rather than retiring completely.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the nature of a dream job is that it's eternally unavailable, and then would never meet up to expectations.

So I don't have one. I want to study law and become a bureaucrat, but I have no specific desire, because I don't understand the situation which I would be in at the time nor the actual workings (and the changes which will happen). Honestly having a dream job seems like a bad idea because it romanticises something to the point where it will never satisfy.

14. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree, i agree and i agree.....Me too. Either that or Aeronautic Engineer.....just love planes!

15. tulipinacup

I am interested in learning more about cooking and if given the chance that I have money, I would go to culinary school.

16. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want to write fiction and poetry. I have a website full of fiction and poetry, and I did publish one book, but naturally that's not something I'm going to post much about here. But yeah, writing. I'm in college doing other things, because I love everything, but I want to write.

17. KazTastic

Sitting in a climate controlled office from nine to five, Monday to Friday.

18. Quandary

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always wanted to be a beloved author.

I say that now, but I'm sure I'd hate working under deadlines, researching audiences, making appearances, dealing with stalkers, etc. I know it's not all fun and games.

That's what I wanted at one point, but it was such a high-pressure environment that I backed out. More power to people who can take the bad with the good and make a career of it, though.

#18 Quandary, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  19. Ohhai

I'd love to act. I think I can act. I can't dance or sing though. It's my dream to be on stage or in a film or TV show. I'm not fussed about fame, I just love acting.

I'm becoming a nurse. It's not a bad job, I guess. There are definitely many bits of it I love. It's just not... Me :/

20. Hiems

I would love to work with kids in pediatric pharmacy or with old folks in geriatric pharmacy. Veterinary pharmacy is something to consider too...

Also mail order pharmacy sounds so laid back. My brother joked by saying that since you do this job at home on the CPU, you can work while you're in your underwear :lol: