1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay/lesbian vibe ??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyLittleWorld, Jun 1, 2014.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard a lot of people telling that gay people give off some kind of aura, I don't get it because, for now I don't have a gaydar or maybe it's just too weak :eusa_doh:

So anyway, do you think it's a real thing related with "gaydar" or just excogitation?

2. Au.Quicksilver

Yeah, I don't understand the whole 'Gaydar' thing either. The only way I'd be able to guess is if the person seemed to have an attraction that isn't straight.

3. ShadowJ

The land of unpredictable weather- UK of course ;)
    Normally with things like this I'd write it off as unrealistic. However, I do think some people have a 'gaydar', so to speak. I think I have one myself, and definitely get that vibe when I know someone is gay. I've been accurate with it as well, scarily :lol: The only person who I just can't tell yes or no is my best friend/my crush, of all people :eusa_doh:

4. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nods. Me too. Long, old gaydar, but it's never ever let me down. Except I didn't know about myself lol

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think gaydar is definitely a thing. Back in the day mine was sharp like you wouldn't believe. It's still pretty good but I think for me it doesn't matter as much as it used to--possibly because I'm partnered up--so it has sort of grown dull with disuse.

6. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think there are some ways people can tell, like seeing who they check out and if they are flirtatious around the same sex but I think there is only one way to be sure and that's to ask them.
    The whole gaydar thing can sometimes be based stereotypes and behavior. I don't think you can just look at someone and tell.

#6 Shaded, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  7. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll go one step further and say good gaydar can even, in some cases, spot people who haven't quite figured it out themselves (or are still in denial)...