1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When high school seniors leave...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Jun 1, 2014.

1. My school's graduation ceremony was on May 30 and it was sad for me to see my senior friends leave.

It feels that I always have an emotional attachment to high school seniors and I don't really feel that until the last week of school happens. Do you guys feel the same sometimes?

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did because they were nicer to me my senior year. The rest of the time they treated me like crap from 7th-11th grade and bullied me. College truly left me with longer lasting friendships. Those friendships and a couple from grade school are what I have. Then again, I had a very small graduating class, so take that for what it's worth.

3. newfish

I have a bunch of senior friends, including my sister, who I am very close to. I totally understand, I'm going to miss all of them so much. I also have some junior friends I'll have to say good-bye to next year.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did this year because I had been around these seniors for three years and got to know quite a few of them. I can't believe I'm a senior now, though.

5. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I certainly wasn't attached to all of the seniors that left this year, but there were quite of few that I had a hard time letting go. Mainly because last year, when they were juniors, they kinda became mentors to me. As a sophomore this year, I was almost on equal footing with them, and it was the greatest thing in the world. Both in choir and theater, they were witty, take-charge, and amazing people. So when we had our last concert, and had to sing together for the last time, I lost my stuff. It was hard seeing my mentors and idols go.

Now I can't even imagine next year, because literally all my friends are in the grade above me. I have to watch them all graduate without me.

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

My best friend graduated a while back, and I haven't even seen her since, although I called her once.

7. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    all my friends were senior and they just left

I'm by own now

8. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a couple friends in school... they never kept in touch after we were out.

:/

9. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Not really. Most Of the senior friends I had were ones I didn't really care about much after high school.

10. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Both sophomore and junior year of my high school experience, most...if not all...of my friends were seniors. I, needless to say, had a very strong attachment to them and I was sad and lonely when they left. I graduated on May 24th and I have attachments to both sophomore and junior friends of mine. It was really hard to leave. So, I have experienced this feeling from both sides unfortunately.

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In December, my year 12 friends will graduate. I guess I'll be sad to see them go, but it's not like they're dead; they'll be moving on to university, so that process should be celebrated, not regretted.

I'll just be foisted with more responsibilities, that's all.

12. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea, most of my friends were seniors and i am going to miss them terribly, but im gonna miss my junior friends more, since i moved to a new school this year

13. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I graduated this year. But my friends younger than me are friends for a reason... I keep in contact with them as frequently talk to them. I didn't have ALL that many friends younger than me, and I'm staying in contact with the ones I did.

14. Eurydice

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my case, I'm sad because the girl I've had a crush on for three years is graduating.

I'm trying to stay positive. When one door closes, another door opens...but I will miss her (and the other graduates as well).

15. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am a senior, a super senior, and I will miss the guy I love. It's just so sad:frowning2:. I also could've hugged more guys.

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are some old friends that would probably like to see again, though I don't reciprocate the feeling. I've made a lot of friends in college, and I now see why the first piece of advice they gave us makes sense: leave your high school friends behind.

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a pretty good memory, so I have always been nostalgic. However, I never was extremely attached to senior students, but I did feel I fit in better with older students than younger ones. This was partially because I had three cousins one and two years older than me, and so I used to hang out with them and their friends.

18. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I graduated two years ago. As much as I disliked the majority of my peers, I still have moments where I kind of miss them and find myself smiling to see how some of them are doing. It probably would have been more emotional had I attended the graduation where I spent the majority of my years though (I went to a different school my senior year).

19. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I don't miss mine but I understand this feeling

20. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have this feeling, then you have this feeling. I didn't know the class ahead of me much.

In our high school, there was a rigid separation between people in grades, for the most part. The biggest thing that erased it was being on the same level in school sports, such as varsity, such that a junior and senior would be on the same footing. That could pull people in two adjacent grades together. Another possibility was student council. If these weren't applicable, then it wasn't likely to happen. It's amazing to think it was so stratified when we're talking about people who could have been as little as 7 or 8 months apart in age!