1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a 4WD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edgy, Jun 1, 2014.

1. edgy

edgy Guest

anything I need to know [besides it taking hella lots of pet] before i get one?

2. KazTastic

Don't get a Land Rover. They're unreliable and expensive to fix. Actually, don't get anything that's not Japanese.

Also, what type of driving are you doing with it, and how big do you want it?

If you're doing serious off roading, make sure it has a dual range transmission. Diesel engines are also better than petrol models, as they often have extra torque.

3. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    What's your budget? Anything Japanese for sure. But ford and Chevy are good. Dodge is OK but have problems with their automatic truck transmissions especially in v8 and diesel trucks. If you don't know mechanics take it to a shop before you buy.

4. itsonlyrelative

-Never ever get a vehicle you plan to do any towing with as a manual transmission.
    - Fords tow really well and they will go for a long time

---------- Post added 1st Jun 2014 at 08:11 PM ----------

If you plan on going mudding, make sure that your vehicle has tow hooks in the front so that a buddy can pull you out if you in a really deep patch and wind up stuck.