1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Midnight Angel, Aug 16, 2008.

1. So tomorrow night my friend and I are thinking of trying pot. Just so we can say we tried it. We figure we're going off to college and we might as well experiment so we don't go totally wild and crazy when we finally get to school. So I just wanted to get opinions from the EC community. Do you think I should try it or not?

2. Amy

Amy

personally?

no. drugs fuck you up, even if you just try it. so dont.

i know alot of friends who "just tried it", and it, well, it didnt work out that great.

wow. i sound really harsh. sorry, i just cant put my opions on drugs any other way.

3. It's okay I didn't think it was harsh at all.

4. Micah

I'm a firm believer in trying everything once. I think as long as you understand the risks involved in what you're doing, then the decision is yours to make. :slight_smile:

5. davo-man

I agree with Micah. As long as you understand the risks involved and are doing it in a safe environment, I think you should try it. I'm planning to at some point in my life, because I personally want to know what it's like; not because other people are pressuring me into it

6. RENThead

one of my friends from work (actually my kinda crush) said i should try smoking pot to help me sleep...
    because i havent been sleeping much lately, and she said that after the high, i would have a low and i would sleep....

tho i cant ever imagine smoking... its just.. ekk.
    (honestly, i woudlnt even know where to get some from...)

7. -Michael-

Drugs are so over rated.

Weed can be fun.
    People blow it too far out of proportion.

Just try some if you like.
    But i found after a while a 20 bag ($40 worth) just made me giggle a bit
    meaning i would of had to have bought more to get really high.
    Couldn't be bother with £40 a pop ($80) too expensive.

Plus the father got suspicious were the money was going.

Its nothing big, but its kinda boring after a while.

8. Trumpetplyer23

Personally, I don't ever want to poison my lungs with any form of drugs. But that's how I believe.

If you want to smoke pot, well, then do it. I can't stop you, because, ultimately, it is your decision. Just be careful with it.

9. I wouldn't do it. But if you want to...please stay safe.

10. acorn7

It's not a big deal, really. I say just try it, you might not get high the first time anyway (I just tried a bit once and nothing happened). Just don't do anything stupid, and don't get addicted.

11. TyraBanksIsFierce

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pushing 40, and I still haven't tried it. It's not as hard to avoid as you might think. :slight_smile:

If you are sure you want to give it a try, do it right. Pick a good friend who partakes on occasion. Tell him you two would like to sample, and ask him/her if he/she would walk you through it. Make it clear that you both just want to give it a try, you're not looking to get a huge buzz or anything.

I think protocol involves you buying the snacks. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. Bookmarked

If life were a children's/teen TV show the Moral Message would be simple and brash and right in your face. "Don't do it! Ever! Look at what happens to people that do!" while subliminally flashing the wasted, pale face of an addict, vacant and drooling. Superliminally too.

However, as you can see from the responses above, life is a good deal more complicated. I don't honestly know what you should do, but I do know that you should be free to make a choice at this point. You've thought about it, you've asked people around you, so I think that you're pretty qualified for whatever descision you eventually make.

Then again, just make sure its pot you smoke, if you end up smoking it. A friend of a friend was once sold a suspicious herbal thingie. Turned out to be oregano. Wild times...

14. Ty

Ty Guest

My friends have done it and they all know limits and what not, and they're all good with it. They've only done it a few times and then got bored of it lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But yeah, I say why not? I will eventually.

15. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok ok I hate drugs.. ive actually dropped friends over it. and the whole try everything once?... well i dont believe that cus if something is bad for you and you do it where does the whole "try it once thing end?" if you truly believe that why dont you jus smoke some meth, the most powerful drug there is and lose your life to it. sorry if that sounds extreme but yea thats how i feel. you may say only once but im sure ALOT of people that thought they had enough self control said that and well.... look at them now. Fox

16. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Go for it. I'm sure you know all the risk's that go along with it. So just go crazy. IT'S SUMMER '08 B!TCHES

17. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, no. Why do things just to look cool?? It might end up screwing you up..no offence. Just my opinion.

18. jony8472

I personally, wouldn't try drugs, just because I mean you know how bad things can be... but the same can be said for driving a car

I mean there's always gonna be risks and so if you want to do it, then try it, but plan it and be safe!