1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealous Straight Friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DeeBubbs, Jun 1, 2014.

1. DeeBubbs

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So my girlfriend and I were best friends first, and we had a mutual friend, Kim, who my girlfriend had lived with for a few years. Everything was fine until we started dating... Kim is straight, and she's fine with us being homosexual, but she very obviously wishes that we weren't together anymore, just because she's been feeling "left out". We still hang out with her, and just as much as we used to! The difference is only that we (the two of us) hang out more together now, because you know, we're a couple. We even keep our more affectionate stuff to a minimum around her (we only hold hands under the table if we're all three out at a restaurant together for instance).
    For some reason, she's going on about how she feels like she's lost us both as friends, despite the fact that we're there for her just as much as we have been before. She was extremely upset that we'd been locking the door to Haley's bedroom sometimes, because before we'd been dating Haley's bedroom was "always open". She doesn't understand that her bedroom was one of the only places that we could really be gf/gf, what with all of the in the closet stuff, and hiding our affections even around Kim!!
    I really feel like Kim's just being awfully sensitive (she hates change), but I DO feel bad for her too! Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'd love to hear about it!!