1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will you leave behind?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Hexagon

No matter what any of us believe about what comes later, I think most of us would agree that someday we'll die. So when your time comes, what do you want to leave on this planet? Memories in the minds of loved ones? Children? Art? Contributions to society? Large sums of money?

I want to leave behind:
    -At least one book, perhaps the one I'm working on
    -Some contribution to philosophy
    -The world a better place

I don't really care if people know it was me, though. I plan to publish under a pseudonym anyway.

2. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

-My physical body so that its contents get returned to the Earth so that fauna and flora will be able to consume it as I have consumed them during my lifetime.
    -A painting
    -A journal for anyone who would be minimally interested in knowing about me and my thoughts.
    -All my money to charitable causes

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Mm... wow, this is a pretty open question. I'll have to meditate on this, and get back to you, but that is good!

This has the potential to be a remarkable thread.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing intentionally.

If I am remembered it will be because people found value in me, not because I told them it was there.

5. Hyaline

I would leave only memories and possibly a tree planted as part of our rituals...

6. Sitri

I used to imagine leaving a grand tomb so people could remember me. A Taj Mahal type place. But even such a temple, no matter how grand, will one day erode, so now I don't really know.

I do know somebody who does not believe that they will die. A brilliant student, obsessed with biochemistry. He's convinced he can avert death with science.

7. AlamoCity

What will I leave behind?

A will :roflmao:

8. wolf of fire

Letters to people I don't like blaming them each individually for my death and fun and crazy times and memories for my loved ones.

9. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably nothing. It would be cool to be turned into a diamond though or something! Not sure who would wear it because I want neither a biological nor an adopted kid.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A book, hopefully, but I'll probably leave a lot of material things, since I'm never going to have kids, I'll only have my husband to will things to. So some YouTube videos, my $2 bill/American/foreign money collection, some family heirlooms, and whatever possessions I acquire from now until I die.

11. justjade

Hopefully, I'll leave behind some good artwork, my brain to science (maybe), and my organs for donating. What? I'm not going to be using them anymore.

12. Hexagon

Oh yes, organs, I forgot about that. I'll definitely leave my organs, assuming they're in a fit condition.

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing for sure: it won't be money...my will shall state: being of sound mind and body, I spent all my money when I was alive. Go and do the same!

14. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Inventions, innovations, and memories.
    Oh, and maybe a ghost because that would be wicked awesome.

15. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A spooky skeleton.

Lots of art. My art is already in like a dozen different countries.
    High score in Tetris Attack - without using an emulator. Come at me bro.

Eh. Anything else I can think of gets too sappy. Stuff with animals and the environment. Shelters, trees and green space and whatnot.

I'd love to have my body go to a body farm. I wanted to donate myself to Body Worlds but they stopped taking them. Bummer.

16. newfish

-Memories in my family members
    - Something really, really awesome that I've done (found a cure for a major disease or something like that). I suspect (and somewhat hope) this wish will go away with age, but I worry about what's left, when close family has forgotten about me or themselves are dead, to remember me by. And I worry that it's almost impossible to be the one who achieved something great.
    -I really want to write this huge fantasy book (maybe series) with like 15 complete, made-up languages. I started outlining it like 1.5 years ago but I never have time. That being a success would count as a thing people remember.
    - I'll also donate my organs and, if my body can't be used, then have it go to a medical school.

17. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I have no idea :eek:

18. VM17

Out Status:
    Some people
    Music. I love making music. It's my passion, and I want to leave that behind. It's all I've ever wanted. I've also wanted to write a book, but I doubt that's going to happen. But yeah, I want to leave behind music.

19. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i dont want to leave anything but
    i like leaving kids and maybe write and sing some songs about my life
    i want to make video games about people with realistic life problems like being gay in a country where you get killed
    i have many books written but never got to show them to anyone but some friends
    i have a daily diary i write so that people will know how i felt
    and of course i have lots of suicide notes every time i wanted to kill myself and i never throw them away maybe when i die people will get to read them
    and many more stuff i want to leave behind god what a mess i need to write a list ^.^

20. Illus1

That's for sure! I hate those older adult kids that tell their parents to be careful spending their inheritance I mean wtf you didn't earn it, I know an old lady who was criticized for selling her house and spending (part) of her money on a great grand world tour. I mean why shouldn't she? she saved and scrimped all her life it's time to enjoy lol

I'd like to leave a good legacy/image like people said of my dad (which was true) he was the most honest man I ever knew.(of course he had his vices but he was honest, never took a dime that wasn't his) I would leave some money assuming I have some to charity and some to kids yes I want kids and I hope to make it happen but most will be spent by me in my life time (to make up for the current years of saving, being trifty and quite honestly depriving myself of any happiness just to save ;/ heck I've even skipped meals because they'd be cheaper at home)