1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel your crushes?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gentlady, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you feel when you have a crush on someone? Do you get the sweet tingly feeling, butterflies in your stomach or...?
    And seriously, is it just me or does someone else feel kinda depressed when they think of their crushes? (I get it when it's gay crushing on straight, but bi on straight(opposite sex, I mean)??? It should be pretty normal, right??) Even when I didn't know I'm not straight, I recognised I had a crush on someone on several signs. First one was always that I got all depressed when I thought about the guy...

But, yeah, how do you feel when you have a crush?

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When, despite the fact that I do not want to have the crush at all, I have trouble getting said individual out of my mind.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends. When I interact with them I get that nice butterfly feeling, and if I know they have thought of me I get the same.

But honestly, most of the time it causes my to worry, because I think I'm not good enough and not attractive enough for them, and I worry they will think less of me for liking them, because my brain tells me "Who on earth would want YOU fawning over them!?"

I'm working on that though...

4. mangotree

I feel depressed when I find out that people feel this way about themselves.
    I thought the same things about myself for a lot of years :icon_sad: and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

It's great that you're working on it and hope you soon find the path that leads you out of that black hole.

Peace be with you both.

5. Wren

I tend to get them really suddenly, like I'll be looking at them and suddenly I'll realise 'Oh shit, I don't just like you. I like you.'

From then on, I go into full creeper mode. Accidentally staring at them, full-fledged tingles, butterflies and stammering if they talk to me. I'll think about them when they're not there, and when they are I can't think about anything else. Standard cheesy schoolgirl crush, really.

6. tulipinacup

It usually only last for like 2 days. I always fall for the straight douchebags which is a good thing because I get turned off immediately.

7. Aquilo

Seeing them makes me happy. Interacting with them or seeing them smile makes me even more happy. And if I can't see them or interact and have no chance at all, it makes me very unhappy.

8. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    saw the question "how do you feel your crushes" and my first thought was "in their sleep" should probably seek help... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    On a more serious note I tend to feel excited and happy when I talk to them or am around them and genuinely look forward to seeing them... however I get annoyed if they don't reply to my texts even if im dropping massive hints :/

9. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me too! And it sucks because my mom doesn't let me have any social life outside of school, so our interactions are very lmited.

10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can add something now.

Initially I get this weird sense of 'this person is the best person' and things get unrealistic. Then after a while, the feelings will either go, or they will level out and I can think clearly again. That's usually the point I discover if the feelings are worth acting on,

11. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to think about them all the time, want to be around them as much as possible, when I see them or they smile at me i get all light-headed and a major case of the butterflies.
    I've also noticed that although I can have sexual fantasies about anyone whom i find attractive, when I have a crush on someone my fantasies and day dreams tend to become less sexual and more romantic/touchy-feely like I'll imagine holding their hands, gazing into their eyes etc.

12. timo

I really had the most inappropriate thoughts when reading this thread title... :grin:

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Definitely this, as well.

14. Silas

In the initial stages of the crush I feel super happy with the butterflies (!) like this

[​IMG]

But since my crushes are usually on straight guys it ends with me like this :frowning2:

[​IMG]

15. Waffles

When you have a crush, it (in my experience) feels like this:

1) Whenever you think about them, you can't help but smile.
    2) They're the first thing on your mind when you wake up and the last thing before you fall asleep.
    3) You enjoy every single amount of acknowledgement they give you.
    4) When you're alone with them, you feel massive butterflies and your heart feels fluttery.
    5) When you see them with someone else acting cute or whatever, you get this sense of jealousy.
    6) Usually, you also start to focus your fantasies on you and them being romantic and stuff together.
    7) You speak differently around them― you either get this massive confidence boost or you start to studder everywhere. (It's a small thing I noticed)

It does vary from person to person though. The things I said were what it was like for me in my experience. Hope this helps~!

16. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I definitely get butterflies, but let me just say- it is not a pleasant feeling. I often feel really nervous and end up saying something stupid

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That times a million!

18. Sarah2695

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I usually feel both nervousness and excitement. I spend the whole day just thinking about interacting with her. However, I do get depressed when I feel as though nothing will happen. For example, I had a major crush on a student teacher who I kept getting mixed signals from. Everyday I would go in there and she would stare and smile at me. She even once tried to get as close as possible to me. However, the next day, I would get nothing...suffice to say, I was on an emotional rollercoaster.

19. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

Sheer excitement and nervous energy when He speaks to me or does anything that minimally acknowledges my existence.

Seeing Him unhappy brings about unhappiness in myself. Also, my comedic tastes become a lot less refined around Him so I literally laugh at any joke or funny anecdote He tells.

And it's been like this for over four years!

20. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ pretty much this but instead of butterflies, I smile like a total idiot and my counselor and dad laugh at me and call me "twitterpated..." :dry: <<< just happened :bang:

I've had a few crushes in the past but I mostly felt anxiety and guilt (probably because I was younger and now, I just alternate between :icon_bigg and :eusa_doh: a lot...). :roflmao: