1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So based on Kinsey's researches, I could make a "straight" guy fall for me right?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Jun 3, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Or how does it work exactly? He says only a very small percentage of the world's population is either 100% STRAIGHT, 100% HOMO or 100% bi, everyone else is bisexual at some proportion

So that means the guy I like could fall for me? is it's just a fairy tale?

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you definitely know he is straight

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I don't but he posts images of naked women on his profile and says he wants a girlfriend:dry:

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I honestly don't believe in the kinsey scale but I do think most people are indeed bisexual and very few are gay or straight .
    But I don't think you can turn a straight man gay if he's straight in the first place .
    I actually had a guy hit on me and told me because the kinsey scale says everyone is bi I as a lesbian should be open to sleeping with him and I should try penis and I told him like i'm telling you it doesn't work that way for everyone hun .

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately not.

See, while it might be accurate that a very small percentage is 100% straight, that doesn't even come CLOSE to meaning that the rest would be open to a same sex relationship!

You could have anything from people who ONCE looked at a member of the same sex and thought "Cute!" all the way up to people who have significant attraction to the same sex, but don't have any interest in a relationship, and every person in between before you get to being bisexual enough to have a relationship...

Sorry.

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    So a very little percentage of the world's population (men) could find me attractive according to that?

Shit, and I thought science was by my side

7. 741852963

Well anything in life is possible.

However, I think a man who is for instance mainly heterosexual probably wouldn't choose to express their homosexual side (i.e. choose to have sex, date, a relationship with a man). Whilst its true you "can't choose who you fall for" given a choice they would probably go down the "easier route" where there is less societal stigmatization and mistreatment (a relationship with a woman). And besides, they would probably have more occasions of finding women than men (i.e. opposite-sex dating will be easier for them).

8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I must live in a city where everyone is 0 according to that shitty scale :dry:

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2014 at 12:50 PM ----------

That sucks, what a bunch of cowards!

I don't blame them though, it's seems impossible to find a partner being gay, gosh if I could I wouldn't be gay either :roflmao:

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, that's not what I said.

Potentially, a significant percentage could find you attractive. The problem is, that from that potentially significant percentage, you have to remove people who repress those feelings, people who don't feel a need to act on those feelings, people who don't recognize those feelings, people that don't care about those feelings, people whose feelings for the opposite-sex dwarf their feelings for the same sex, people who aren't interested in relationships and so on and so fourth.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I think what holly meant is because of society hang ups their less likely to act on their same sex attractions so yes they might find you attractive but they would not act on it , and some might sleep with you but will not have a relationship because it's still seen as taboo .

11. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, that almost lowers the potential number to 0 :bang:

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Let me give you a hug (*hug*) don't worry you'll find a guy you just have to look .

13. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I only want to fuck them I don't want to have a relationship with them

But trying to figure out if they want to fuck me it's also exhausting, most straight assholes would opnly fuck you if they're drunk NEXT :sleep::sleep:

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2014 at 12:55 PM ----------

I've been looking for over a decade now, I though maybe I was falling for way too attractive guys but no

They were all fugly pieces of shit, still rejected me though

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I honestly hate that scale sometimes :dry:

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2014 at 02:03 PM ----------

Oh well if it makes you feel any better there are men that identify as straight that like sleeping with other men I don't think their straight though but what about gay men and bisexual men have you not tried them ?

15. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it doesn't. It might put it to '0 potential mates in within 50 kilometers of me', certainly.

I'm not saying it's going to be a walk in the park to find somebody, you will need to put some effort in.

If you tell give up now, and tell yourself you will never find anybody, then it wouldn't matter if your perfect man came up and slapped you on the arse, you won't pay attention to him.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So true .

17. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bolded is your biggest problem, I would say.

As a "straight ***hole," I can say that is not true. I don't drink but even if I were to do so, no way would I sleep with a man. I don't think that most people are bisexual at all. There may be a large population that is bisexual or pan but it's more likely that there's a somewhat even split between bisexual, gay, and straight. Thinking that you can "turn" someone is extremely narcissistic. I was once told by a man that he would "change my mind" and it freaked me out to no end. If someone is straight, they're straight, if gay, they're gay, and if bi, then they're bi; everyone's identity and preference should be respected and not challenged just to appease curiosity or vanity. And just because someone has sex with someone, doesn't mean that is their natural inclination. If I were forever stuck on a planet with only butch women and very feminine men, I would likely be "functionally gay" just because I like femininity but I'd still be straight, just in a very odd situation. :lol:

Also, you really shouldn't sleep with someone who is that drunk as they don't really understand their actions and also, since it's a male-bodied guy that you want, I recall reading that alcohol actually makes certain functions dysfunctional... :lol:

18. BelleFromHell

Yeah... that didn't work out for my straight friend and I...
    [​IMG]

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :thumbsup: This .

20. awesomeness

No. And you're confusing the word "bisexual" with "bicurious". Just because someone might occasionally find members of a certain sex attractive, doesn't mean that they have any desire to be romantically involved with them.

Like me for example. I don't mind occasionally having sex with girls, in fact, I enjoy it. Does that mean that I'm emotionally interested in them? No. I have zero desire to actually date one.