1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"If I wanted to date a feminine guy, I'd date a girl"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BloodFlame, Jun 5, 2014.

1. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This question is more steered toward men who are more on the feminine side. Well, I'm sure we've all heard this comment at one point or another and I'm sure that some more masculine lesbians/bisexual women get this too of the "If I wanted to date a masculine woman, I'd date a man"

My question is how does it make you feel when you hear comments like this?

I'm just curious what everyone else thinks of this popular quote. Personally, I can't help but roll my eyes when I hear this as there is one distinct and obvious different that the men and woman have but I'm not going to get into that.

I just take it as what it is and move on. Sure, it's annoying but eh, what can you do right? So what about you guys/girls?

2. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't hang out with butholes. What about the phrase, "I'm not interested." Works like a charm but don't be cissexist about it. Evreyone's different so they need to learn to accept that fact. There's no black and white.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a moronic sentiment...

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i've been guilty of saying that in the past, i'm not going to sugar coat that. i say it as a joke every now and then and i let people know that i'm sarcastic about it.
    overtime it seems like it's a narrow minded way to think of gay men in general. i'd like to stick to my idea of every men is different, and if i'm not interested in them, i just simply let them know. there's other terms to describe the type of guy you will or don't want. sometimes i find guys who say that are very picky and anal about certain things.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's offensive, but I'll admit that I find feminine characteristics unattractive in a man (I'm not talking about washing regularly or smelling nice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). That's just personal preference though.

6. Foxface

it's stupid...I love femme guys and if I wanted to date a femme guy I'd date a femme guy...period

7. KazTastic

It makes me think that the person who said that was really insecure.

8. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^

It's sort of like saying if I want an orange I'll paint an apple. They are not the same. A dude is a dude is a dude. Not a chick in a dude suit.

9. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I agree. If you don't want to date or like feminine men or even masculine women, just leave it at "I'm not interested". lol

You're entitled to your preferences and I generally don't care if guys don't date feminine men but when they say a comment like the aforementioned, that's where I feel they took it a bit far.
    Haha cool.

Exactly. No matter how masculine a woman is or how feminine a guy is, they still are who they are.

10. Rumpletubb

I must admit that I've said similar things. If it's just a hook-up, I'm stereotypical bi. Manly men and womanly women. I'm quite cis myself so I want a dude like me.

However, when it comes to dating, that doesn't really matter. As long as I like his/her look, personality and the person has an amazing smile, cis or not doesn't matter.

Edit: Need to point out that I have enormously high standard for men. Extremely picky.
    Personality always seals the deal in the end.

#10 Rumpletubb, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. It's pretty stupid. I kinda like feminine men but the thing is, I don't like guys who look like they're 12. If I wanted to date a 12 year old, I'd sit myself in front of Chris Hanson.

I mean, it's kinda stupid to rely on an artibutrary rule of what a particular gender's supposed to act like in order to deem whether they're a good partner. Why not make sure they're a good person? Or you click with them?

Trust me. If I wanted to date a woman, I'd date a woman. :wink:

12. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can understand that you prefer masculine men but I just feel, it's rude to equate feminine men as women to both sides. I feel it's better to just leave it at "Not interested." But that's just me.

I'm kind of guilty of looking a little younger than I am. I shave my face because I hate facial hair on me but I look rather young after it. lol

But fair enough

13. AlamoCity

I will admit that I've used those exact words before when explaining to some straight friends what kind of guys I like. I know that it was a bad way of explaining it to them and see the error of my ways.

14. Rumpletubb

I would never say it TO someone, that'd be incredibly rude. My preferences dictate who I'd go up to, but in the end, personality and smile decides it.

But there is a significantly smaller chance for me to go out with a feminine guy. I'm a 6'2, 205 pound guy and my preferences is someone like that. I don't want to ve dominant and I don't want to be submissive. I know it sounds wierd, believe me, I do, but I feels like it would be easier to achieve harmony with someone of my stature.

I've had a feminine period, and at that point I searched for feminine guys.

But as I said, personality and smile decides it in the end. Personality affects a smiles effect a lot though ^^

15. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if he was a nice person and someone i found attractive, yes i do believe i would date him. spoken by a guy who has never dated a guy yet, LOL

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not someone that would typically be classified as "feminine," but the comment makes me want to bash someone's head in.

It's along the same lines as "I don't want to date bisexual people because I'm afraid they'll leave me for the other sex."

Go die and burn in Hell.

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hey, I'm a young looking guy too, lol. I met a guy whose jaw pretty much dropped when he realized I wasn't 16. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I dunno. I've always liked the weathered look.

18. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I generally go for the alpha male types myself, but I have and will never say something like that to someone. Anybody who does just did you a favor because they saved you a bunch of time figuring out that they are a whole ass not just an ass hole.

Just remember just because you're not my type doesn't mean you're not someone else's type. I am a bear I get it that some guys don't like bears, but I still have fun and hang out with those that do.

It's perfectly fine for someone not to be into you (or me) but when they go out of their way to make a comment like that, they had crossed a line. And not just any line
    THAT line glows in the dark, has sirens blaring, and three signs that warn you that you are getting close.

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

As a gay woman, I find that feminine men are more aesthetically attractive. But they're still a man and I do NOT like men (in the sexual sense I mean) so it wouldn't be the same as sleeping with a girl. I like butch women too but I don't think that makes me somehow 'less' into women, since that's what they are. People who tell you things like that are stupid.

20. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    before i used to love who im i used to say that but to myself because i thought that men would date woman instead of me cause im just a silly queen well that thought and the old stupid mask is gone
    now i love myself and that stupid thing is really offensive to me and other boys cause when i date a femme guy im dating a guy who is different and special than the others
    that doesn't mean i don't like other types of guys i never lock myself on one type cause its not my type
    when i fall in real love i dont stop myself on types cause that is the most stupid thing people do they waste a big chance with someone just because they are not the type they like