1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premonitions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joelouis, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Joelouis

I'll start by saying that I don't believe in God. I'd like to believe, but I simply, and maybe sadly, don't believe whatsoever.

What I do believe though, is that there is something to this life that remains hidden from us. A sort of dimension that we sometimes feel, but can't see or touch.

As I walked home last night, I saw a little rabbit at the side of the road and it reminded me of a friend who is not seen for a year or so, and this morning I thought of him again quite randomly and for no apparent reason. This evening my brother rang me saying this same friend had died this morning.

A couple of years ago, I woke from a horrible dream where I saw my sister as she was when she was a little girl. She was standing with her arms outstretched towards me and she was crying. I was bothered by this and went to see her. I told her about my dream, and she then mentioned that she had an early cancer. (It was treated successfully), but now she has MS, & I have traits of it also but it's not stopping me doing anything u want so it's no big deal.

Another time I dreamt of John Barnes scoring against Holland in the first couple of minutes and he did, but in my dream, England were in orange and he scores with a header (He actually scored from a free-kick but the commentary was spot on with my dream word for word).

Believe what you will but I swear these things happened.
    Has anyone else had premonition-like experiences? Some may ask why we can't see lottery results but I can't answer that.

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dreams never become reality, so no.

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quantum mechanics negates the possibility of true premonitions. Your subconscious can however, construct scenarious on reasonable expectations of outcomes.

Happy days :slight_smile:

4. DangerAlex

Very nicely said. I've experienced what some might call "premonitions" but always chalked them off to expectations of outcomes, like Radioactive Bi said.

5. trauma

Not premonition exactly but I do believe in the spiritual aspects of life.. For instance when I fall in love with someone, I feel as if I was destined to be with him.. Though I have been proved wrong too at times

6. Hexagon

Well, I once had a dream about a nuclear apocalypse. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm still waiting.

Apart from that, I always have a deep sense of certainty about what my dad is going to say next. But he's just predictable.