1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if everyone was gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by literalmerida, Jun 7, 2014.

1. literalmerida

My friend, who is straight, and I were having a very hilarious conversation (which got incredibly serious at the end.) in which we discussed if the whole world was gay for 10 years. Everyone. And not forcibly of course, they just woke up and said "whoops I like *person of them same gender*"
    This discloses bisexual people, pansexual people (*a single, lonely tear runs along my face*), asexual people, and basically everyone else. Everyone woke up 100% gay.
    He said that it would be disastrous, and everyone would die of STDs. I argued that poverty would decrease because population would decrease.
    What do you think about this completely hypothetical situation?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    would be interesting and creepy,

3. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "And when everyone's gay--no one will be"--syndrome, the incredibles.
    In all seriousness we'd be in some serious trouble because there would be no children for 10 years. Unless some people decided to take one for the team and have straight sex, idk.

4. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Death from STDs. lol

Well, the human population would be stunted for a while. And it wouldn't be too difficult to legalize gay marriage. Anywhere.

5. literalmerida

But you'd think that a drop in population would be good for the economy. More to go around, so to speak? And if people wanted kids, they could adopt. Which is awesome for the orphans.

6. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    But like. There would be literally no children. That would be the worst possible thing that could happen. Seriously. It would completely destroy civilization.

7. Emulator

Then the word gay wouldn't exist.

8. jahow95

Well the word would exist, we've been living with 90% of the population hetero for millenia so they're not just going to forget about that.
    I would assume that people would still mate regardless of their sexual orientation in order to bear children, so there would probably be lower birth rates as going about making babies becomes a chore. I think that population would probably decrease slowly as death rates begin to overtake birth rates.
    Actually... it would probably be a more accepting society in terms of sexuality, as everyone is homosexual, but everyone must procreate heterosexually in order to conceive, both become normal.

9. Au.Quicksilver

In that situation, life would be a pain in the ass. At least for males. Beyond that, what would the point be? Just means less children, potentially at most. Such things are trivial to me.
    PS. Joooiiin ussss!

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Then were all going to be dead by the next 100 years

11. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It would get rid of homophobia.

12. thekillingmoon

That would be wonderful. I could flirt with women and not have to guess whether they're straight or not. Maybe I would get hit on by women when I go out in public. Imagine the possibilities, for those of us who are hopelessly single at least. :icon_bigg

I don't think we'd go extinct, there would still be artificial insemination for those who want it.

13. Thedistra

There are other ways to make children than having to actually have sex with the opposite gender(artificial insemination). I would suspect there would still be less children born but not zero.

14. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Finding a boyfriend wouldn't be so difficult :wink:

I love how people think that if you're gay you're automatically going to get an STD, because you know heterosexuals are immune to it :grin:

15. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think if it happened for a shorter period of time, maybe not ten years but say 2 or 3 years, it'd be a good thing. EVERYONE would understand what it feels like to be gay and that'd make everything so much easier. Homophobia will stop.

It happening for longer would make population take a serious hit, which I actually view as a good thing but many people wouldn't.

16. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No it would result in a "lost decade" for the economy and essentially mean we would be missing a significant chunk of skilled labour starting 18 years after the first year of universal-gayness (the technical term :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) and then for ten years after that the GDP would drop a significant amount which would generate even more poverty. Unless we built loads of machines but then that would generate more unemployment once the population levels return to normal.

hahaha brilliant

17. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i'd fuckin party and the industry based on baby stuff would take a hit so they would probably cater to gay interests to make money instead so i'd party harder

18. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    That would awesome, I'm fucking tired of the percentage of straight population (96% or more)

The only problem would be reproduction but since planet is already overpopulated it's not really a big deal

19. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trojan wouldn't be complaining. lol. In all seriousness, I think it would be good for equality. The only problem would be all the divorces among existing straight couples. Then again, divorce lawyers would love it.

20. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly there shouldn't be so many straight people in the world, what's the point? The planet is overpopulated