1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you have a mental diary?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jun 8, 2014.

1. MerBear

i mean, i would say, does anyone have a diary but i like having my own names for things, so the reason, i call it a mental diary is because well, you got mental in it. that you simply share your thoughts and feelings that would be considered ever so mad and sick.

so does anyone have a mental diary? i do. :slight_smile:
    i began writing in it when i was admitted to the hospital, perfect timing, yeah?

2. Emulator

Yeah, except it's a double mental diary...I record it in my head, and it's full of mental thoughts.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did, doesn't work like it was. Anxiety and depression erode it after awhile, so be mindful. :wink:

4. RocketMoose27

A mental diary...?
    That's gotta be the craziest...-- I HAVE ONE! :tears:

I write the craziest s*** inside of it ever, stuff that I refuse to share with anybody on this site!(I'll share one anyways, well, partially) I also go into some kind of weird trance and write bogus stories that make no sense, but I enjoy reading them anyways!

Reading my crazy stuff would make a normal sane person drop their sanity and bust out dancing like: (!)

Although I did have a "breach" in my security this one time when a friend found a stray sheet of paper with my random thoughts written on it under my keyboard. It had a small segment in the middle of the page where I referred to my crush as my "luscious dolphin warrior" over a dozen times, and described him as a majestic gift from the elder Turian(mass effect) gods.
    I'm still glad he assumed that it was female! (Although I did write "I love it's magnificent beard!" somewhere in there) :roflmao:
    Seriously though, I never heard the end of it for WEEKS! :icon_redf

I hide it along with my sketchbook because my family/friends seeing either of those would make me lose my sheet! (and most likely theirs!)

*slips back into the shadows*

5. DangerAlex

I've been keeping a journal since around Easter. It's not something I'd normally do, but I've been enjoying it and writing pretty faithfully. Although most of it is me talking about how great sex with my boyfriend was that day and sometimes describing it in detail :wink:

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

No, I'm just plain mental.

7. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I keep a journal of all my crazy thoughts. It's the one place where I can write absolutely whatever I'm thinking.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been keeping diaries since I was only seven years old.

I have some pretty weird stuff written in them too...

9. girlpower

thats sounds fun n crazy :slight_smile: i think i used to had in school for smtime though..

10. MerBear

wow, i didn't even know people responded, but all your diaries sound interesting to read :slight_smile:
    i like the sound of yours as well rocketmoose :slight_smile:

11. leer

I need one at work but I doubt it makes me anymore mental than usual .

12. Mitchell

I do. I also share it with my therapist.

It's helpful. Helps me know when things are starting to go bad.

13. MerBear

Ahhh; see I would share it with him but I ain't close with my psychatrist

14. TurtleCat

Not at the moment, but I should. I could see such an endeavor being therapeutic and cathartic for me, as I struggle with some issues. Also, I've always enjoyed journal-writing, but it can get hard for me to keep up with it regularly.

15. MerBear

it was very therapeutic at the time for me, i was stuck in a mental facility so i kind of wanted to talk shit. hahaha so you i think you should :slight_smile:

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. This diary is not a written one, but one that holds grudges. Is that an anger issue, a defense mechanism, or both? I need to work on that.

17. MerBear

hmm were both in the same place. haha :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2014 at 11:01 PM ----------

my diary is rather full of sarcasm

18. Aquilo

I designed my own numeric homophonic substitution alphabet, to write my diary when I was in high school.

Explanation of the decryption method:
    A normal substitution alphabet is encrypting each character as another character. For instance a is encoded as b, b=c, c=d etc.

It's easy to see that a text with that encryption is encrypted though and an encrypted text is interesting (Why else would someone encrypt it, if it didn't mention interesting stuff?). A normal substitution alphabet can be easily decrypted though, using frequention analysis. Some characters are more common in a text than another and you can guess that the most common character in English is an 'e'.

There are easy methods to make a more difficult encryption, but most take a long type to decrypt (and I wanted to be able to read my encryption with at least some speed). So I used homophonic substitution. If one character is more common, you create more options for the encryption of that character. This way the frequency of each character is the same.

Example: 'E' can be decrypted as 34, but also as 43 and 86.

I used numbers, because they were easy to read and write and gave a lot of options (with 2 numbers you have a 100 total encrypted characters).

Then, to add more security, I also added fake characters with no meaning, which could be added randomly in text and I make sure that their distributions weren't exactly random, so that people who tried to decrypt my texts using frequention analysis would be fooled by those characters without meaning.

Then to add even more security, I wrote using alternating different languages (english, french, german, latin, dutch).

And on top of it, I hid those numbers away in difficult mathematical equations, so it looked like a boring mass of sums, instead of an interesting encrypted text..

and some more tricks I won't mention, because then the explanation would take a few pages..

tldr: Yes, I'm a bit crazy :icon_bigg

In the end, I had more fun with designing the cipher than writing in my diary using that cipher.. I wrote it by hand, so writing was still a bit slow. So I think I have only kept a diary for around 10 days. :icon_bigg

19. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

:roflmao:

I can with some things

20. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not really but I find I insult people alot in my head without thinking about it. The otherday for example an old man pushed infront of me in the que the other day and I didnt comment verbally but in my head I was like "don't worry about it, its not like you have enough to spend wasting in ques, you'll be gone soon"...
    pretty worrying to be honest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: