1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever cheated on a test?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zannan, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If so were you caught? Punishment? How many have you cheated on?
    How did you cheat: copying, cheat sheet etc.?
    Have you ever been wrongly accused of cheating?

I cheated on a literary quiz, two history tests, a psychology test and a various math tests.

On the literary quiz I copied off of my friend. I was never caught. Honestly it wouldn't of mattered because I bombed it anyways. Before that I always joked with my teacher saying I was going to cheat.

On the history test I was putting my notebook up before the test and the teacher gives me the test upside down. I could read upside down so I read the questions still having my notebook and glanced at my notes and memorized the answers.

With the same teacher my friend and I gave each other answers.
    I aced all my tests in that class.

With the same teacher I had psychology.

I copied off my friend. (He (My friend.)knew.)
    Got a C.

In eighth grade math I'd make cheat sheets and hide them and use them for tests. The cheat sheets included formulas and five examples of each formula.
    In the middle of the year my teacher told me he knew about the cheat sheets and that I was creating more work for myself so he didn't care. Then he told me that it'd be easier to study.

After that I'd wait until he'd go over the test and erase any wrong answer and put the correct one and went to him asked why he marked those answers wrong. He'd always change my grade.

I borrowed textbooks from my twelfth grade math teacher a lot. So one day when the teacher yelled at a student for trying to look at the answer key on his computer before the test.

I decided to return my book then and there. I walked by looked at the answer key while telling him I was returning his book. Then go to the shelf. I walk by his desk again to go to my seat and take a second look.

Knowing he knew I struggled with conics and I had the book and did study and he knew I wanted the book for that I made sure to get a low A.

Made a B one point from an A.

I've been accused of cheating when innocent. Now when you cheat constantly it happens but not with teachers you never cheated in their class.

My lodging class our grades were based on tests only. I always made As. Perfect 100%. Since the first test the teacher would tell me in cheating. The vice princaple never believed her. I made sure to sit away from people and my stuff along with nothing suspicious during her tests.

Later that year she admitted she hated me and wanted me to flunk her class. The feelings mutual. I was happy to make a perfect A in her class all year.

My twelfth grade math teacher suspected me of cheating these times but never accused me:

1. I had him evreyday for two diffrent classes.

I was sick and had a violent cough. I kept coughing struggling to cover my mouth and take the test the same time. In trig he went to the board and looked at me and would not move.

In Precal he gave me the death stare from his desk and walked over occasionally.

2. In Precal I did the questions I knew but didn't understand others so I tried to think of an answer. I was tapping at my pencil and staring at the clock unknowingly.

I guess I must of been staring a long time because he looked up and I broke out of my trance and started completing my test guessing along with guessing how to do the work.

He got up, walked to my desk and stood there and stared at me and my test until I was done which was at the bell.

Long story short: Teacher thinks I'm cheating, stands in front of desk for an hour until bell rings blocking view.

Later I learned he was grading papers with the answer sheet up on the computer.

Sadly on that test I only got the questions I guessed on right which was a 10%.

Even though he thought i cheated when I didn't I did horribly. I think it proved it. In his defense I did cheat in his class.

Also in his class I had a friend who'd always get the same answers as me. We never sat together and gave our answers verbally too so my teacher didn't care or knew the situation.

2. BreezyB

Everytime theres a test I cheat and havent been caught since second grade they gave me a detention

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

In middle school, hell yes.

I was dropped off at school 1 hour early (when I lived with my grandparents), because my grandmother didn't trust me to always go to school -- smart woman -- and this was to make sure I did. If I knew I had a test that day, I'd sneak past our high school coach, who would round up the early arriving students into the cafeteria, and hang with the teacher. I'd always say I had some homework to catch up on, and they were fine with this. I'd even make up some bullshit questions to ask them, to reinforce my sincerity. Eventually, they would leave to go do hall duty (which is when the teachers stood at designated areas, to make sure no one was getting into trouble, basically) as kids got off the buses. I'd have about 5-10 minutes alone, and this is when I'd crack open their planner, making sure to trace over the answers with some thin printer paper and a pencil.

I would never always get 100%, that'd be too suspicious. I'd aim for high 80s to low 90s, mixing and matching.

That is how I passed 6th grade Mathematics.

In the middle of 7th grade, I was placed in a homebound program (I was a bad kid). Once a week, for about 2 hours, a tutor would come to me and collect my work. I'd just have my grandmother or other relatives do my work, by pretending to not know the answer, and them working it out with me. Eventually, they'd get so tired of wasting time, they'd do it for me after a few problems together, just to get it over with. Sometimes my tutor would.

In the 12th grade, I had to pass Geometry to graduate. I had a very, very low grade. I had to make a 90 or higher to pass with a D. But I was screwed, because we had to take the test during the class. I was in a class with primarily freshmen and sophomores, who took their test on a different day than me, since it was our Final. I was to take tests when the seniors were scheduled. I sat there in the class, just racking my brain about how to pass. None of my classmates, who had already done their own tests, were going to want to do math. Then, I had a brilliant idea.

I told my teacher it was difficult to concentrate, because I was the only one taking a test today. My teacher told me it was okay, and she gave me a hall pass to go to the guidance counselor's office to take my test. I thought to myself, when I get this pass, I'm darting off to somebody I knew who did Mathematics like it was nothing. But that idea got shot down, when my teacher said she'd have someone go with me, to make sure I got there. I thought, well, I could probably strike a deal with whoever it was. No, that possibility crumbled when I saw it was her student aide. He was kind of an asshole, and I knew he'd snitch. He and I walked to the guidance counselor's office, and I felt like an inmate on death row. All I could think of was, why am I trying to find an opening? I'm just delaying the inevitable.

Once I reached the guidance counselor's office, the student aide left me with the guidance counselor. While it was quieter there, I knew I was fucked. I couldn't make a 90%. I was about to have an aneurysm trying to figure something out, when... she told me it was her lunch break, and she'd be gone for about 45 minutes. She told me to just stay there, and don't let anyone in. She left, and I waited about 5 minutes, to make sure she didn't come back. I then took her hall pass, and raced to the class I needed, and told my associate my situation. He agreed to do my test (I told him to get a few wrong even), if I did his History Final. We switched Finals, and when the guidance counselor came back, she thought I was still doing my Final. When the bell rung to change classes, I made the Finals switch again, and turned mine in.

I passed, with exactly a 90%. He wound up getting a 100%.

To provide a follow up. I wound up telling that teacher three years later, when my younger sister graduated, and she laughed. She told me, it was fine. She knew I was smart in a lot of things, like finding loopholes, as opposed to Math. I was kind of expecting her to be disappointed.

#3 Kaiser, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only one time, and it was for an extra credit question for a test in jr. high. A fellow classmate caught me, but he didn't rat me out. I'm a bad cheater, so why try?

5. idkgrrrl

I cheated a whole lot on my College Algebra tests.

I'm like really ashamed, but then I don't care. Like I didn't have to cheat, but I didn't want to do my work cause it was at the end of my school day.

Also, I didn't get caught.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No , I just studied I didn't need to cheat I was an A student in high school and college :slight_smile:

7. supernova

Out Status:
    All but family
    I have always been a 'good girl' in school, but this year my friend and I were giving 0 :***: about a class.

So in our science class, we had a big final. We hated our teacher (every one did), so we didn't care about the class. The teacher was really lazy, never graded anything, and yelled at us when we aren't 120% quiet. :tantrum:

End of the year. One test left to go. There is a sub. We have notes. My friend and I collaberated on the test. We both got A's. :eusa_danc

I guess it isn't really cheating, but the school I went to was really strict with cheating. Like, you would get expelled if you cheated. It was really fun, mostly because we were going behind my teacher's back, when he had been a rude and disrispetful teacher all year.

Yeah, Ima goody two shoes :slight_smile: :lol: :slight_smile:

8. i always ended up sitting beside the nerd in grade 6, and honest to god i would take it all back if i could, but the nerd had the biggest crush on me and you could imagine what happened.

9. Adventuretime

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yes all the time...from high school through college x.x

10. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really, I occasionally tried during a physics test, but whatever I would write on my arm and cover it with the sleeve of my pullover, I'd never need either because I learned it just by writing it down, or because those formulas were not part of any of the questions.

11. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I don't cheat, because it's just setting yourself up for even greater failures. If you cheat all through middle school, you won't have the correct foundation to go onwards in to high school, forcing you to cheat again there. And then when you're an A student, you get accepted in to a good college, and you know barely anything because you didn't bother to learn it in school. So you go onwards being a phony and cheating your way through med/law school, and by some miracle never get caught, and become a doctor or a lawyer. But you can't cheat at that. Your incompetence gets someone killed or convicted improperly, and you get your license revoked or disbarred. And then you have to buy a hot dog cart and stand in the street selling greasy foods for a living.

And that's why you should just study for the tests, and if you fail, that means you weren't meant to make it anyways.

12. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ouch. Harsh, but true.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    + 1

and in grade school. I was actually "low A" in high school due to some upheaval, to say the least.

In grade school, a few friends were definitely looking over my shoulder to get answers, for some reason I didn't care, and I ignored that it was happening. If they couldn't remember Lake Titicaca for a fill-in answer, then they probably needed some help.

In college, two friends (read: acquaintances) wanted to cheat off of me. "Here, sit in the diagonal chairs on the left side of the classroom and we'll sit next to you." I didn't say anything. Passive aggressive, perhaps. I walked into the classroom, sat down, and then moved elsewhere. I had studied for that final. I aced it. These two people barely got a C on the final, and got Cs in the class. Being part of a scheme to cheat would have jeopardized my solid A standing going into the final and possibly my scholastic situation in the academic unit in the university. They were pissed at me and didn't speak to me for a while. Can you believe that??? I thought "fuck them."

Well, "fuck them" was indeed the frame of mind to have. I reconnected with both of them on Facebook. One of them is now a housewife 1,500 miles away, she went all Romney on me, and we had a flame war. I thought about what happened in college and was so happy I didn't take the risk of cheating for what wasn't even much of a friendship to begin with.

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2014 at 10:53 PM ----------

Exactly. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok this is the honest to god truth i never have studied for anything in my life so I have never not cheated on a test :lol:

15. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll remember that advice. I like that advice and see your point. Now once I become either a math teacher or psychologist I'll say it's partially because of advice a random stranger online told me.

Considering I can't subtract or multiply well I see your point.

16. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I plead the 5th (no joke.)

17. Gen

Gen

I can't think of a time. Maybe once, but never off of others.

I was the designated person to cheat off of all throughout primary and secondary school. It never bothered me because I was going to get my rightful grade regardless. It wasn't as though not studying the content wasn't going to catch up to them eventually anyway.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Omg people cheated off me too , but they weren't smart about it the teacher would catch them and tell them stop looking at her paper . I even thought a few people who were confused during algebra class that the teacher made me go around and start teaching people even the kids that hated me would come up to me and say can you explain how to do this . I helped everybody past that class thanks to me no one was left behind :grin:

the closes I ever came to cheating was in Japanese class my friend and I came up with a system like when we were doing kanji test ( japanese symbols they would have the word in English and we would have to write the symbol ) and if we forgot the stroke order we would count the number of strokes and remember . My friends trick was he wrote it on his hand the number or strokes . My trick was weeks before end when I wrote the symbol I would count it and remember the English word and when I forgot I would start counting and remember and be able to write it out . I later thought the trick to my friend we always passed using that trick work great on Huge symbols too

#18 stocking, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  19. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Actually my high school econ/american history teacher let us cheat on all the tests if we did our homework.

20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm not sure if anyone cheated off me, but I remember I used to help the other kids with their homework, although I never gave them the answers, I would help them realize the steps. The teacher for math would have me go around and help the other students while he did the same thing with the other ones. I used to be a teacher's assistant for kids in a lower grade than me too, and I got to teach a dyslexic girl how to read, which was pretty cool. I also had japanese class, and I was terrible at Kanji. Why do the japanese need three alphabets?