1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading Festival-woooo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by partietraumatic, Aug 20, 2008.

1. partietraumatic

Well tomorrow im going with 4 mates to the reading music festival. Its a pretty big thing and is only like 20mins train journey from my house in oxford. Should be awesome!!!! Heres the line up : http://www.readingfestival.com/lineup/lineup.aspx there are so many there i want to see!!!

As ive posted earlier and in my blog my boyfriend dumped me a couple of days ago. I'm looking forward to getting to Reading and just having 3 days where there is no time to think about it, i think it will be a good thing. Im also planning to spend the majority of it drunk :icon_wink. Should be a great weekend! Though one of my friends who is coming i used to have a crush one,and we are sharing a tent...with alcohol...i may have to be careful lol. I think i shall also have to be careful i don't get drunk and txt my ex saying anything stupid..oh dear i will have to look after myself lol. Anyway these are all minor worries, it shouldn't stop it being amazing!! Can't wait! :lol:

Anyway ive been to loadsa gigs before but never a 3 days festival,does anyone have any advice on what should/shouldn't be done. I have been warned that the festival food is awful, and everyone goes to the Tescos round the corner. So yeah,any thing people thing would be helpful??

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never even heard of most of those bands. :astonished:

I would never go to one of them festivals. My aunt, uncle and cousins all go to them (they love Glastonbury) and the stories they tell me about the toilet conditions are enough to make me hurl. One story I heard was that some guy peed in a bottle and then decided to chuck the bottle (with no lid on) into the people behind him. :tears:

If I wanted to see the festival then i'd just watch it on TV in the comforts of my home. :grin:

3. TriBi

^ hehe - no bottle!

I may be old (now) but I did heaps of festivals when I was younger. Had a ball - even in the mud and rain and with abysmal conditions and toilets...

*EDIT*
    Jesus Christ...did you say you'd 'never heard of most of those bands'? :eek:
    I just looked at the band list - I know most of them. You seriously need to listen to a good radio station - like this one:
    http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/

Oh...I forgot...you like (the late) S-Club, don't you? That explains a lot...

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Scissor Sisters, Mika, S-Club 7 and Girls Aloud is all I need to keep me happy. :grin:

5. partietraumatic

Much as i do love scissor sisters and mika etc i think im slightly more excited about these bands than i would be those lol. Yeah ive heard toilets may be awful etc. Well i think it will be worth it for the awesome time im sure ill have....and if the worst really comes to the worst my mum and her partner live like a 10min walke away lol :slight_smile: ....is that cheating if we go there to shower etc lol