1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkwardness of an androgynous female

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neutron, Jun 11, 2014.

1. neutron

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm comfortable in male clothes because some of them fit me better than females' and in the end I look very androgynous.
    The weird thing is that it made people on the street don't know how to behave around me or merely curious about my gender. The most uncomfortable thing is I noticed some of them started looking at my chest to see if I have boobs, then not really, they would look down at my crotch :eek:. Gosh I caught their glances all the time and this annoys me so much.
    I don't blame them but it is just weird. Is there another way on earth people could do to identify you or quench their curiosity. And I don't want to change how I look because I feel comfortable with my appearance.
    Does anybody experience this?

2. straightqueer20

used to sorta but people who were new to town the my social network in high school would just go out and ask what I was. I'd be pretty honest about it.

I also agree with male clothing suiting my body shape/size much better.

I was a lot more open then than I am now really because it seems that I kind of went with things instead of specifying my sex.

3. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You have to learn to not let it bother you. After a while you start to get used to the looks and the not so subtle whispers of "is that a girl or a boy?. If you don't want to change your look then don't but be aware that looking androgynous does sometimes confuse people so there is bound to be looks and comments. just take it in your stride and don't take the comments to heart and if you can try and see the funny side of it, it helps when dealing with awkward situations. Also if you are happy with how you look then try be confident about it. people will criticize those that lack confidence quicker than they would someone who exudes confidence, if you are not confident then fake it, hold your head up and walk with purpose. Let them stare and don't care :slight_smile:

4. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Androgynous people are the coolest type of people. Everyone who looks exactly like their biological sex is clearly jealous of you.

Until I cut my hair, most people couldn't tell what gender I was. I miss that so I'm growing it back.

#4 Wuggums47, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014