1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are the road conditions where you are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mlpguy88, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As the title says, how are the roads where you are? Where I live they are terrible, I can't drive for more than a few minutes without hitting or avoiding potholes.

Anyone else living with this problem?

2. AlamoCity

Roads are OK. Some streets have potholes that you have to avoid, lest you want to ruin your alignment.

The city fixes them as needed, but sometimes when they patch the potholes they are not "smoothed out."

Also, we have terrible construction projects that seem to take forever to fix, which makes driving on some streets nearly unbearable.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, the roads here are near-perfect, though some of the suburbs from the 50s have somewhat shoddy side roads which are uneven and slightly cracked.

Does the local government have any plan for your roads? It's pretty dangerous to have potholes every few minutes.

4. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The dirt ones or the shell ones? :lol:

No but seriously, they're atrocious. Also no sidewalks, or curbs, or anything to keep cyclists or pedestrians safe.

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well they are filling in the potholes but it doesn't seem to do much. I blame the winter we just had

6. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

They're bloody marvellous, especially when the local authorities intelligently decide to paint and re-do them at peak-times...

7. Hexagon

Sandy. Lots of loose rocks. No Tarmac to speak of. In the place I live, as opposed to where I am, they're good I think. I don't drive, but I walk, and I've not noticed a problem.

8. leer

roadworks at the moment I live quite high up hills all over the place. in winter the roads are a nightmare not safe at all to drive .

9. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lets just put it this way. I dont know what our state flower is but im pretty sure its an orange construction barrel.

10. AlamoCity

:roflmao:

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

really god damn hot

lmao

12. Gallatin

Eh they're decent enough. Some are really good but others are horrible. More hits than misses though.

13. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not too bad, I think. The biggest problem is the pavements, in most cases they are either inexistent or too small. Or they have trees so you have to constantly avoid the leaves. Or dog shits everywhere. They are totally inapropriate for wheelchair users.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Surprisingly, not bad. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a scene from a nuclear apocalypse and 10 being smooth as a baby's bottom, I'd say a 7 on average. Sometimes an 8, in certain places.

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I say it's New England, those from it will know what I mean.

Frost heaves, potholes and generally horrible roads after... March and snows finally melt.

16. The main streets are fine. However, they haven't been repaved in 10 years. On my way to school, the suburban roads are cracked and there are potholes everywhere.

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm from your home state, so you know my answer. The two main north-south roads in my city are being worked on. The ones that aren't being repaired are garbage. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say a -1. Most people in Michigan will spend $400 in repairs this year. My buddy is running for county commissioner. He talked to a guy that cracked all 4 of his custom rims, $1100. And we have no mass transit here other than the "Smart Bus." The automobile, the solution and root to all of our problems in Metro Detroit.

18. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are two seasons in Minnesota: Winter and Roadworks. We sure ain't in winter right now, soooo... It's especially bad with the extremely cold winter that we just had so there are some truly biblical potholes on the roads. Other than the construction and the potholes our roads aren't that bad...

19. Jethro702

Around town they are good.... some of the "older" roads have potholes and aren't smooth. We always have at least 1 major road being worked on or redone all the time.... in fact the way I get to work now is HORRID..... ugh.... they are widen it to a four lane road with turn lanes in the middle.... from a two lane road... the other way I know how to get to work is just as bad.... adding a turn lane to it... but they have started adding sidewalks to streets now!

20. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Not all that great on the regular roads, but the highways are in good shape. They should make them a lighter color because someone with cheap tires got his melted to the road at a stop light the other day. Dark colors absorb so much heat. The poor guy's tires truly melted. (It was kind of neat) haha