1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think being straight is a little DULL, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Jun 13, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean as a gay man you experience a lot of thrill in your life don't you? as a straight person you take zillions of things for granted :lol:

Sometimes I hate being gay but I would hate being straight even more, it would be a nightmare for me, am I the only one that feels this way? :kiss:

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's clearly a dull and artless lifestyle choice.:icon_wink But, some of my best friends are straight people...

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

No, I feel exactly the same way.

I don't judge straight relationships or anything, but when I identified as straight I thought it was BORING and almost oppressive (in a relationship sense not a social one). I feel like there's more freedom of expression as a gay person. Even if I haven't completely accepted it yet, I'd take it over being straight any day.

4. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, even when I watch a movie or tv show and it features straight relationships I have a hard time trying to relate, it's just so DULL, BORING, COMMON

5. Cass

I disagree. I mean of course it'll seem boring if you arebt into it, because it's not your thing. It's not artless. That's for sure. There also isn't less freedom of expression. The reason you all felt that way is because you weren't expressing yourselves, because you aren't straight. Being straight dosent automatically make your life boring, artless or anything. That's up to the individual person

6. jahow95

I'd get rid of same sex attraction in a heartbeat if i could

7. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

I don't really agree with the stereotyping that's going on in this thread.

We all hate it when straight people stereotype non-straight relationships so why are we doing the same back?

Just seems lazy in my opinion.

8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    when I mean artless is just that when I read a straight love story it seems so predictable, and I can't relate, there's no real artistry in straight relationship in my humble opinion

9. awesomeness

I agree. The only reason most men and women even give a shit about each other, is the attraction. I mean think about it, why do you think most straight people prefer hanging out with friends of the same sex?

Having to be in a relationship with the opposite sex seems like a struggle.

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

My response definitely wasn't meant to insult or stereotype straight people, but more so explaining my experiences. It had nothing to do with me "not being into it at the time" since I felt attracted to men at the time. I felt like I had less freedom of expression in general. I couldn't be masculine without it being 'weird', I had to modify my body more 'feminine' like to attract men, I was considered 'less straight' for only wanting feminine looking/acting men, and I was expected to be penetrated in a straight relationship (which I despise) instead of me penetrating the man 100% of the time. Some of these things can and do happen in straight relationships, but It's called "femdom" or "kinky" instead of it being utterly normal which is freaking BS. And I hated that me wanting these things made me "kinky" or "dominant" when I am neither.

Now in a lesbian relationship, I can have all of this and still be considered normal and vanilla because there are no gender roles or dominant sexual activities expected of me.

Again, I apologize if this is offensive to any straight or bi people because that's not my intent. I support straight relationships and think they can be beautiful too, but my opinion is there because I felt infuriated that I could not fit into the straight community because of my 'tastes' and that's probably the whole reason I discovered I didn't like men anymore.

11. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    yes, the large % of straight divorces and domestic violence within heterosexual houses seem to accord with your statements :roflmao:

12. Hexagon

I don't think so. I agree that certain traditions associated with heterosexuality make it dull, and worse things. But heterosexuality can exist independently of this.

13. Cass

14. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Genius! that's the way I would define straight relationships: ARTLESS

15. Cass

That's understandable.

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2014 at 06:27 PM ----------

I agree
    I'm gonna leave now. This is getting really judgmental.

16. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people

17. Cass

18. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of the most interesting and exciting people I know are straight. I also know some interesting and exciting gay people too. The statement appears to be little more then an unfounded opinion designed to big up gay people and put down straight ones.

I noticed that there is no mention of bi people in your comments either (raises eyebrow).

Happy days :slight_smile:

19. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I just think when you are straight, you follow a pattern: date a few people, get married, have kids. It is expected of them to do those things otherwise society thinks they are abnormal. Being LGBT seems more exciting because it's still kind of taboo and we don't have any societal pressure.

20. Hexagon

You're not actually making fun of yourself, though. You're making fun of a group you left. Obviously, you had good reasons for leaving, and it's not as if you chose your sexuality anyway. But you need to be careful. This is unkind, and it reminds me of attitudes than many minor homophobes hold, that gay relationships are not as meaningful, just about sex, more likely to break down and so forth. The truth is that the gender composition of a relationship doesn't matter, just the characters of those involved. When I think about a relationship with a woman, I imagine just as much love, companionship and meaning as I would get from a man. And that's all that really matters.