1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it be?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Delirious, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the title says, if you'd have the chance to go back in time and chance something you regret. What would it be?
    In my particular case, I'd change what I said to an ex-friend of mine in a bus, the day after Christmas. I acted like an idiot (I was 14-15) and I can't remember why we fought some days before. The thing is that he and mother said merry xmas to me and my mom (our mothers were there lol) I answered just with a "same to you" and looked away. We used to play (a lot) together (you know, sports). We haven't talked ever since. And I can't figure why. Now we are just too far away to say anything plus he didn't accept me on facebook when I sent him an invitation (I don't have an account anymore) I think I am just somebody he used to know.
    I had a dream last night, and he was there, so I remembered all this.
    If I'd have the chance, I'd change what I said there

What about you? What would you change?

2. straightqueer20

Re: If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it

I would go back three years ago and take back the time I slept with my ex friend's boyfriend.

3. Gwendolyn

Re: If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it

Probably nothing. No real point. If it's something major, might change who I am. Something minor, what's the point?

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

online dating losers, lmao

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

I wish I had come out in college or shortly after.There were two chances I think I could have taken advantage of if I had been out. I just remembered one from my old work now. I was so freaking in denial.

6. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I wish would of never said I liked someone

7. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I should have come out earlier--definitely before college. Really the biggest regret of my life. But, hindsight is twenty twenty. I didn't know at the time.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yeah, it's worse when you do know and enjoyed an experience in high school, but you let everyone around you live your life for you.

9. Re: If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it

I would only change things if I could guarantee that it would not change anything that had happened to me after, but I would go back and tell a couple of people I knew/know that they were not treating me very well. I sometimes feel like if I had stood up for myself in a couple of situations in the past, my self-esteem struggles would have gone a lot differently--for the better. I would have cut those toxic relationships and patterns and people from my life sooner so I could be healthier and happier sooner.

But like I said, I would only do it if I could guarantee that my life right now would be just how it is.

10. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hahaha, I'd change that too (*hug*)

11. Aldrick

It's hard to say that I'd change anything. Sure, there are things that I regret doing in hindsight (lots of them), but the things that I regret doing the most... they were necessary experiences for me to learn and to grow as a person. Going back and changing them would diminish the person I've become today.

What I'd truly wish for is that I could take the person I've become, the accumulated knowledge and wisdom, THEN go back in time and be the person I am today. I would do a lot of things differently, but only because I'd have the advantage of hindsight.

In the end, it's nothing adding an extra ten years or so to my life expectancy can't accomplish in the long run. No point in wishing I could go back, because I can't, so instead I'll just look forward.

12. Alfhild

this sounds drastic, but id rather not have been born (knowing what i know now)

13. twosoups

My life while not perfect, and bearing its fair share of hardship, does not distract from the blessing I have. I would have liked to have come out earlier, but if I had my beautiful son wouldn't be here today. I guess the only thing is I would have invested more in BTC last year, but that is only a small thing.

14. tulipinacup

I should have never lied and cheated on my ex-boyfriend. I hurt him and in fact I should have never been with him in the first place.

15. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

The amount of tylenol I took on my first over dose attempt... morbid :/

16. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yes, it does sound drastic. Are you ok now? Is there anything we could do to help you?
    I'm sorry, but I have to ask (if you don't mind of course), why not?

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2014 at 12:42 AM ----------

Thanks for sharing this, you stole of a smile :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2014 at 12:55 AM ----------

*Stole me (SMARTphone... Sure)

17. tulipinacup

I hurt him too much and I should have remained to be friends with him. He's sacrificed a lot for me and the only thing I could think of that I did was to hurt him in return so I don't think it's fair for him at all.

18. leer

If I had the chance I would .
    Not have told my sister I like boys .
    opened my mouth more in school instead of bottling it up inside.
    been so needy with my ex .

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

*Time Machine arrives in 1999*

Me (2014): Hey, 13 year old me!
    Me (1999): Huh? Who the fuck are you?
    Me (2014): I'm you -- from the future.

*Awkward silence*

Me (1999): ... And?
    Me (2014): I was expecting some confetti, or sparkles, or explosions. Just, something, to make that announcement more profound.
    Me (1999): What do you want, dude?
    Me (2014): I'm here to tell you something very important, younger me.
    Me (1999): ... Which would be... what?
    Me (2014): Quit being a little dick.
    Me (1999): Maaaaaan, FUCK you. I'm doing me!
    Me (2014): This is going to be weird, threatening myself, but... I may have to beat my own ass.
    Me (1999): I'd like to see you try, bit--!!!PUNCHED!!!

:lol:

There's a few top contenders, for what I would want to go back in time to change, but as others have said, it would probably change who I am, and where I've gone. However, I would tell myself to lighten up, and to quit trying to be a little hard ass. I wasted so much time doing that, and denied myself some potential friendships as a result.

20. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That was hilarious! Haha I'm still laughing :roflmao:

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2014 at 12:58 PM ----------

Don't be so hard with yourself. I hope you are better now :slight_smile: thanks for the explanation :slight_smile: hugs